KSP Post 7 Frequencies

SenorMoofer

Is there anyone that is in the Richmond or Winchester area that can verify that listed frequencies for post 7 in Richmond and Clark county are correct. I believe they may have been change around 2020 in the database to possibly incorrect frequencies. I added them to my scanner recently and in Georgetown I can faintly get the Mckee tower but nothing from "Richmond" or "Winchester" which should be much closer. If someone that is in the area can verify that would be awesome otherwise next time I am in the area I will have to snoop around.

FD101

Premium Subscriber
Channel DescriptionRX FREQP25 NAC
Kentucky State Police Post 7 - Channel B - Richmond460.30000$289
Kentucky State Police Post 7 - Channel B - Winchester460.37500$289

I can confirm that these work as of yesterday, 3/15/2023. Note that the Post 7 "McKee" Tower also shares the same output frequency with Post 12 "Frankfort" Tower. Ensure that you have the correct $NAC selected in your programming.

Andyssonopie

Post 7 gives me fits, in the summer I use my outside antenna that's 25 feet in the air. Then when fall starts I have to go to the stock antenna just to listen to them.

SenorMoofer

Post 7 gives me fits, in the summer I use my outside antenna that's 25 feet in the air. Then when fall starts I have to go to the stock antenna just to listen to them.
I can't see to grab the Lexington tower anymore, Post 12 comes in great from the same tower in Lexington, I will have to do some further discovery on whats going on that I can no longer receive those frequencies

SenorMoofer

Channel DescriptionRX FREQP25 NAC
Kentucky State Police Post 7 - Channel B - Richmond460.30000$289
Kentucky State Police Post 7 - Channel B - Winchester460.37500$289

I can confirm that these work as of yesterday, 3/15/2023. Note that the Post 7 "McKee" Tower also shares the same output frequency with Post 12 "Frankfort" Tower. Ensure that you have the correct $NAC selected in your programming.
Thank you for that I have them correctly programmed and for whatever reason can't seem to receive them anymore maybe I have a bad antenna.

FD101

Premium Subscriber
I can't see to grab the Lexington tower anymore, Post 12 comes in great from the same tower in Lexington, I will have to do some further discovery on whats going on that I can no longer receive those frequencies
The "Lexington" Tower was atop Kirwan Dorms on UK Campus many years ago. When they took down Kirwan Dorms most of what was there was relocated within the post district to the next available KEWS site.

Last edited:

SenorMoofer

The "Lexington" Tower was atop Kirwan Dorms on UK Campus many years ago. When they took down Kirwan Dorms most of what was there was relocated within the post district to the next available KEWS site.
That makes sense, it was before 2020 last time I was listening to post 7 I will have to dig out a directional and see if I can get Winchester’s tower.

BJ2021

Was: KF4JKY-10
Winchester tower is working its 460.375 was just listing to them