Las Cruces Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone knew about when the city of Las Cruces public safety upgrade recently? The last I heard was in February going digital. I'm just curious as not much mention via social media. Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
From what I recall hearing it is phase 1/2 capability with newer harris portables. It will have backward compatibility with the old edacs on them. County is staying vhf and the city will have multi band units available to supervisors and others which wouldn't matter since they plan to multicasted county onto the trs like now. Vhf and 7/800. Down the road the county will purchase dual banders and from my understanding supervisors with mobiles to hear city immediately while rest is down road.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
Update

I heard activity on talkgroup 03-041 as NMSUPD, other police activity on 03-057, not sure who it is. I have noticed over the last day of so that occasional transmissions are sounding as though they are encrypted on one side of a conversion, not sure if the system is failing.

SCPD

QRT
I know Sunland PD, and NMSU PD have used encryption selectively however sunland uses a secondary channel when doing so in simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.