Las Vegas Coffee Klatsch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
How many of you would be interested in getting together weekly or monthly at a local restaurant to talk about radios and other stuff? I was talking to another scanner buff last night and he was really excited about the idea. Im hoping if there are enough people interested we can start a local radio club for not only scanners but also CB, Ham, Shortwave, FRS, GMRS... basically all forms of radio.

br0adband

Something I considered in the past but it just never seemed to pan out. Now with AES closed that's created a hole of sorts in what little community there was around this area I suppose. The monthly "swap meet" there on the 1st Saturday (which would have been today, go figure) will be sorely missed even if it never was a super huge event on par with a Hamvention or something of that size and scope.

But who knows, maybe something could happen. ;)

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Bryan, if it's on one of the many weekends I'm in town, I would definitely be interested.

- Chris

br0adband

Had never even heard of GigaParts till this thread and that post above, how interesting indeed. Now it makes me wish I'd saved my receipts from AES over the years as they're offering a $25 gift certificate for past AES customers to use with GigaParts, a nice gesture to get people into 'em I suppose. I still have a purchased copy of those fantastic Las Vegas Scanner Guides that were done locally and only sold at AES, wonder if they'd accept that as proof. :)

Didn't know the swap meet continues, will have to keep that information handy and stop in sometime if scheduling works out.

Nice to see they'll have a showroom here so, even with AES now history we'll have someplace to go check out the latest and greatest I suppose. Was just working no a project yesterday that I think others will probably consider to be pretty cool - at least I think it's awesome so we'll see how things work out when I do a writeup over it (it's mobile SDR related).

Thanks for that info about the swap meet and GigaParts, learn something new every day...

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
I'm interested! One thing I was talking about yesterday with another ham was that hams sure are anti-social. If anything, we could all at least arrange a QSO on one of the local repeaters. I'll offer up my machine for it even.

The swap meet has been relocated to a new location. I'm hoping that GigaParts will host the swap meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.