Lea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich83

Can someone clear up for me what LEA stands for when like when you have Story County Sheriff LEA?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
LEA is a repeater system operated by the state of Iowa in conjunction with the Iowa State Patrol radio system. If you see an entry in the DB like the one you posted, that usually means that is a link or patch to the LEA repeater closest to the area. I have a map of all the repeaters in Iowa... I'll have to dig it up for you. Ive posted it before maybe you could search the forums for State Patrol.

pm1072

LEA= Law Enforcement Assistance (regarding Iowa DPS repeater terms)

Rich83

That explains why I hear them posting calls about erratic/dangerous drivers in a certain area make your own case etc for whoever comes across it first or is nearest to the call?

timkilbride

Database Admin
I was told by a cop, Law Enforcement Assist. I'm sure the "A" varies from cop to cop.

There is TG on the story co system labeled "LEA", which Rich83 is referring too. However it isn't linked to any ISP LEA repeaters. Its either a county agency thing or its not the right description for the TG. I have listened to it before, sounds more like a "channel 2" too me.

Rich83

A number of weeks ago the SCSO were having trouble with the main channel they use, I dont know if its a dispatch or channel one but they said that they were going to use channel two but annoyingly I never heard any more but I do think its odd there is only one channel listed.

iascanguy

I was told by a cop, Law Enforcement Assist. I'm sure the "A" varies from cop to cop.

There is TG on the story co system labeled "LEA", which Rich83 is referring too. However it isn't linked to any ISP LEA repeaters. Its either a county agency thing or its not the right description for the TG. I have listened to it before, sounds more like a "channel 2" too me.

That TG-57424-is used by Story County to dispatch for local cities, like Nevada and Story City.. I have heard them call this talkgroup 'LEA'. Not sure if it might also be 'Ch 2'.

A number of weeks ago the SCSO were having trouble with the main channel they use, I dont know if its a dispatch or channel one but they said that they were going to use channel two but annoyingly I never heard any more but I do think its odd there is only one channel listed.

I have heard them call their main dispatch talkgroup (57344) 'Ops 1', so they might have an 'Ops 2' but they certainly don't use it much or I'm guessing it would be in the database-unless it is the LEA talkgroup.

Donald

Rich83

That TG-57424-is used by Story County to dispatch for local cities, like Nevada and Story City.. I have heard them call this talkgroup 'LEA'. Not sure if it might also be 'Ch 2'.

Is that why Nevada PD dont have a dispatch channel of their own? I know they have an ops 2 that Iv heard them use a few times but its pretty rare mind you nothing ever seems to happen here in Nevada they just do loops round town bored to death

iascanguy

Is that why Nevada PD dont have a dispatch channel of their own? I know they have an ops 2 that Iv heard them use a few times but its pretty rare mind you nothing ever seems to happen here in Nevada they just do loops round town bored to death

Yes, that's right. Nevada is dispatched by Story Co SO.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.