Library Import Not Working - EZ Scan & TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
1) In import options in EZ Scan I see this: Lock out the talkgroup object: This option is only available when the Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects option is enabled. Where can I find the "Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects option" to enable/disable it?

2) Also wondering if this might somehow be related to a new problem. Since the latest PC app upgrade, my ability to import talkgroups is very hit or miss. I imported the entire Alabama statewide system (AIRS) into 1 scanlist. However, not all TG's were imported and not all the ones skipped were encrypted. Also trying to import parts of the AIRS system to various scanlists (i.e. Baldwin County TGs in my Baldwin County scanlist, etc.). I know I can just add scanlists to any TG, but many of the TGs I'm trying to put in various scanlists are the ones that were skipped. It doesn't matter if the TG is encrypted or not, or what scanlist I try to import to. The import process shows the import taking place, but the afterward the scanlist is still missing those TGs. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the latest EZ Scan but the problem remains. Have tried all 3 options (Replace/Ignore/Merge Scanlists, but I currently have it set to "Merge Scanlists." Is there a fix, or do I need to uninstall version 3.35 and install something earlier? Running on Windows 10 1909 with all updates except KB4535996. TRX-1 has all latest updates. First time I've ever had issues with the Library Import.

3) When I click on Help then View Help in EZ Scan nothing happens. Is there a help file I can download for the app?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Ubbe

1. "These options apply to talkgroup objects that are either in an unsupported digital format or are marked as encrypted in the library database files."

3. Look in the Whistler folder in your computer. It should be a TRX-1.chm file there that are a standard type of help file. You probably can read it just by clicking on it. Another user has the same problem that EZScan do not open that file but manually reading works.

/Ubbe

tvengr

Well Known Member
Make sure that the proper service types are enabled in scan lists 151-181. That is under the General Settings tab in the TRX-1 software.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Ubbe... Thanks! Found the help file and the info you had already posted.

tvenger... I appreciate the response, but don't see anything in the General Settings tab that applies to service types. Only thing I see pertaining to scanlists is the window where you can edit the scanlist names, enable/disable scanlists, etc. If it helps, I have a Scan Set enabled on the Advanced Features tab that includes scanlists 1-200 & SW. Also set to Scan Sets require Scanlist To Be Enabled.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Scroll down to scan lists 151-181. You will see a service type associated with each one. For example, if Fire Tac (Scan List 157) is not enabled, you will not receive any frequency or talkgroup with a service type of Fire Tac. The service type is labelled Tag in the Radio Reference database.

Last edited:

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
tvengr,

I apologize for being brain dead, but I simply do not see anything in the EZ Scan software or in the TRX-1 itself that assigns particular services to one or more scanlists. I know using Set Location you can import specific services into scanlists. Is it possible because I am seeing something different because I'm not using Set Location?

This morning, almost everything seemed to be back to normal with import. However, my problem is this: I have been reprogramming the Alabama Interoperable Radio System (AIRS) into my TRX-1. I have the entire system in one scanlist, plus any data related to specific counties also assigned to the scanlist numbers for those respective counties.

However, when I imported the entire system into its scanlist, there are several talkgroups that were not imported. Some of these are encrypted but many are not. Plus, I have the Import Options set to just lock out encrypted talkgroups. Anyway, never had this trouble with this or any other system before now. Definitely scratching my head.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Update...

Just re-imported the AIRS system and it did import all 772 TGs and add the 2 wildcards. No idea why it was being difficult - cosmic dust maybe...

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you download from Radio Reference, the different service types go into different scan lists. If you go the the General Settings tab, you will see the scan lists. If you scroll down to scan lists 151, 152, and 153, you will see that they are labelled Multi Dispatch, Law Dispatch and Fire Dispatch. They are the service types. If the Law Dispatch and Fire Dispatch scan lists are not enabled, you will not receive any Law Dispatch or Fire Dispatch conventional frequencies or talkgroups. If the scan lists with the proper service types are not enabled, that could be why you are missing frequencies and talkgroups.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Ta Daaaaaaa! Just created a new configuration in EZScan. With Set Location (bottom right of General tab set to ON, it works just as you stated. However, I don't use Set Location. I prefer to manually pick and choose so I can set up scanlists by agency, by location or any other parameter I want to use instead of setting scanlists by service.

Since I wasn't seeing what you were seeing I thought I was losing both brain cells I had left...

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can leave Set Location to On. Under the Advanced Features tab, you will see 20 Scan Sets. Scan Set 1 should show all 200 scan lists. Set up Scan Set 2 for Scan Lists 1-150 and Scan Set 3 for Scan Lists 151-200. You can enable and disable Scan Sets in the scanner menu. If Scan Set 1 is enabled, all Scan Lists can be enabled. If Scan Set 2 is enabled, only the 150 Scan Lists you program can be enabled. If Scan Set 3 is enabled, only the frequencies and talkgroups from the SD card will be enabled depending on which service types are enabled.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
Understood. I now remember trying it this way when I first got the TRX-1. I switched to the Set Location OFF and it just seemed to be more flexible for the way I use the scanner. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.