Lightning Safety Question: How could I use a mag mount antenna on my car w/o being struck by lightning?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I was on a ship that was hit by lightning.
Lightning hit the mast head. Did not damage the wiring for the mast head light. Did not damage the radios or the radar.

Way down in the engine room, below waterline, there was an engine management computer. That failed. No doubt it founds it path through the computer, sensors, cooling jacket water, heat exchanger and the deep blue sea.

Lightning will not play by your rules.

Ensnared

Not without consequences!!! Antenna or no antenna!

Ford Pickup struck by lightning!

Yeah, I have heard countless souls meeting their maker from driving tractors during lightening storms. If you sustain a direct hit from a bolt of antenna, good luck.

Mophead

Premium Subscriber
Being a Ex South Florida native, I had a tall queen Palm in my front yard and a post lamp at the end of the driveway about 20 feet from the tree. The tree took a direct hit. split it in half and it headed to the post light that was wired to the house. I kid you not, it looked like someone rented the biggest Ditch Witch the could find, and trenched the yard from the tree, to the light and then to the house. Never found the actual light on top, just debris, but other than a few popped breakers everything turned out fine.
" biggest Ditch Witch " Wow ! Lol, now !