• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LM 220mhz sideband surplus to fm?

WX5812

I have a few of these 100w 220 trunking system sets. FedEx or ups had this project if I remember seeing that correct but it went south. I would like to do something with these units for 220 ham. I have been told there are modifications and conversions for this , but I have searched and searched and cannot find anything.. does anyone have any experience with them?

Attachments

• IMG_2581.jpeg
    IMG_2581.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 45

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have a few of these 100w 220 trunking system sets. FedEx or ups had this project if I remember seeing that correct but it went south. I would like to do something with these units for 220 ham. I have been told there are modifications and conversions for this , but I have searched and searched and cannot find anything.. does anyone have any experience with them?
Are you sure it's ACSB? I didn't know EFJ made any ACSB stuff, I thought it was mainly (all?) SEA.

ETA...You said nothing about ACSB, I just assumed that. You can probably disregard what I posted. :p

kf8yk

I have a few of these 100w 220 trunking system sets. FedEx or ups had this project if I remember seeing that correct but it went south.

To my knowledge FedEx & UPS never used 220 MHz. UPS had some involvement with the FCC removing 220-222 from the hams but by the time the FCC finalized the rulemaking UPS had already selected cellular data for their needs.

Most of these Securicor/Midland/Viking Linear Modulation radios were used by the former Roamer One SMR.

I have searched and searched and cannot find anything.. does anyone have any experience with them?

Service manual is at Repeater Builder: https://www.repeater-builder.com/other-mfrs/pdfs/LM-220-rptr-svc-man-hires.pdf

WX5812

To my knowledge FedEx & UPS never used 220 MHz. UPS had some involvement with the FCC removing 220-222 from the hams but by the time the FCC finalized the rulemaking UPS had already selected cellular data for their needs.

Most of these Securicor/Midland/Viking Linear Modulation radios were used by the former Roamer One SMR.

Service manual is at Repeater Builder: https://www.repeater-builder.com/other-mfrs/pdfs/LM-220-rptr-svc-man-hires.pdf
Yes I have the service manual, I just would like to know other peoples endeavors with this unit and modifications that have been done.

kf8yk

I think most folks just kept the power amplifier & power supply and e-waste the rest. Apply 5 VDC to pin 8 on the PA DB-9 connector to enable the PA.

I think Fedex had an 800 system, I remember our lead tech at the Motorola COSC taking us to a site for training. The rack FRU mount was similar.