SDS100/SDS200: Loading Full Database when turning on (SDS200)

guruuno

I only need to load my 'Favorites' and not the 'Full Database' when turning on the SDS200.
I do not need to have 49 other states and Canada load.
Is this normal when turning on the scanner, as when using Sentinel software, I do not see the capability to remove the items referenced?
If possible, how to (I searched, did not find anyone discussing this matter)

guruuno

Using the full database

It doesn’t specifically tell us how to turn it off, but you can assume applying the opposite setting will do just that.
Much appreciated, but I'm not really clear on how to just "turn off 49 states + Canada" with all of that verbiage. You mean (according to that reference document), that I have to go into EACH one individually and turn off thousands of items? Excuse my stupidity, but is it something that can be done via Sentinel or Proscan functions?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
On scanner:

2. Press Menu. At 'Set Scan Selection' press E/yes.

3. Scroll to Select Lists to Monitor and press E/yes.

4. At Full Database press E/yes to turn it Off. The Database is really just another big Favorites List. Scroll to any/all other lists and make sure they are Off if you don't want to have to figure out what else is being scanned.

You can do this in Sentinel profile editor too. I can’t recall exact wording but it is probably “scan selection” or something similar and then set “full database” to off.

Here you go: Sentinel manual

guruuno

On scanner:

2. Press Menu. At 'Set Scan Selection' press E/yes.

3. Scroll to Select Lists to Monitor and press E/yes.

4. At Full Database press E/yes to turn it Off. The Database is really just another big Favorites List. Scroll to any/all other lists and make sure they are Off if you don't want to have to figure out what else is being scanned.

You can do this in Sentinel profile editor too. I can’t recall exact wording but it is probably “scan selection” or something similar and then set “full database” to off.

Here you go: Sentinel manual
Duh me. I've probably done that a million times, but NOW it is the way I wanted, THANK YOU!
BTW, do you have the 1.23.05 Firmware + 1.03.05 SUB that I can bug you for?
I've got the SDS200E model, and I'm curious if it will update with those revision or if I'm going to need to wait for it to be released....

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
BTW, do you have the 1.23.05 Firmware + 1.03.05 SUB that I can bug you for?
I've got the SDS200E model, and I'm curious if it will update with those revision or if I'm going to need to wait for it to be released....
Will the US firmware work on the EU models?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Can something like this work for home patrol 2?
If you're asking about not scanning the full database, yes you can turn that off. In Home Patrol Sentinel, it's in the "Edit Profile" function under the "Favorites Lists" tab. Un-check this box and then "write" Sentinel to the scanner......

1707003721977.png

In the scanner's on-screen menu system.... Menu --> Manage Favorites Lists -->Select Database to Monitor --> Use Multiple Lists --> un-select "Full Database".

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I tried it on my HP Sentinel and if you turn it off without any other favorites on it will default to full database on.
I did not try in X36 version it may be different on that.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In order to disable the full database, you must have at least one favorite enabled.

I tried it on my HP Sentinel and if you turn it off without any other favorites on it will default to full database on.

I did not try in X36 version it may be different on that.

Maybe that is a Home Patrol only thing because I am able to disable all fav lists, and power cycle my 436's and 200's, and full database does not come on.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
This was in Sentinel only not the radio. You can turn it off, close the profile and when you reopen the profile the full DB will be back on.
I'm guessing they don't want you to get the "Nothing to Scan" warning. I have to many favorites to mess with my X36 Sentinel.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
This was in Sentinel only not the radio. You can turn it off, close the profile and when you reopen the profile the full DB will be back on.
Than that must be a Sentinel HP version specific thing.

In x36/x00 Sentinel, I just disabled all favorites, download and monitor both set to off. Left full db off. Saved, closed and reopened profile editor and it remains in the same state as it was when saved and closed.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Maybe that is a Home Patrol only thing because I am able to disable all fav lists, and power cycle my 436's and 200's, and full database does not come on.

Yes, that behavior is only seen in the Home Patrol 1 & 2. In Home Patrol Sentinel, when you're in the "Favorites List" tab in the profile editor, if you turn off all favorites lists and un-check "Monitor Full Database", and then exit the profile editor and save the changes.... when you re-open the Favorites List tab in the profile editor, the "Monitor Full Database" box will be checked again.

When using the Home Patrol on screen menu... When in the "Use Multiple Lists" section of "Manage Favorites List" menu, if you un-select all favorites and the Full Database then press "Accept", the scanner gives an error tone and will not accept your choice of nothing selected. It will only accept a choice of at least the full database or at least 1 favorites list.