BC125AT: Locking Out Banks..??

T_Chris_T

OK - I recently bought a Uniden BC125 Scanner from RR to take to the NASCAR races. THIS weekend will be first time taking it to a race.

I saw someplace you can lock out an ENTIRE BANK of channels; but can't see where it shows to figure out how. and can't find the instructions.
Now the scanner came automatically PREprogrammed with banks 1-4 with Cup frequencies - banks 5-8 with Xfinity frequencies / and banks 9 and 10 with Truck series frequencies. Obviously, I don't want to Delete those.0
Needless to say in a Cup race; I don't need to scan banks 5-10.

So how do I temporarily turn off those banks to help speed up the process of scanning.
Someone stated in another tread that if you haven't put info in those banks they get skipped - obviously RR filled in the frequencies so I need to skip them>
Can someone drop me a reply on how to do this. We leave early Sunday morning to go to Darlington.
THANKS SO MUCH

OH one other thing I did was this; and need to make sure I did this right.
For each driver I want to scan (on bank 1) I put in the drivers names (swapped from car numbers); and the drivers I DON'T want to scan (and not racing this week); I did a permanent lockout. I'll probably do a temporary lock out on a few more when I get there. (15 Yeley; 42 Dillon; etc)
ALL the drivers I want to scan are on bank 1. No one I want to scan on bank 2 so I can lock that bank out also.
I'll scan bank 3 for teams backup channels; and won't need to scan bank 4 either.
SO if what I am trying to do is possible all I'll have to scan is banks 1 and 3.
SO can someone drop me a reply so I can get this reset before we leave.
I'd appreciate it very much

pb_lonny

You can press the number key of each bank to turn it on / off., as in, press 5 to turn bank 5 on or off

T_Chris_T

Sorry I'm new- so I'm a bit confused still
When I turn on the scanner it shows bank 5 and at the top it has NXS 1-1
If I press the "5" button it just changes the "NXS 1-1" to a "5"; but doesn't show any type of lockout. Any "number" button I press just shows the number I press.
Am I supposed to press some other button(s) first...????
Sorry I'm so "green" on all this....

tvengr

Well Known Member
Look at the bottom line of the display. It will show which banks are on and off. It does not show as locked out. Pressing the bank number on the keypad will toggle that bank on and off.

T_Chris_T

To get it to show all 10 banks it has to be scanning.
As it scans each bank it flashes. I flashes; then it skips 2 because I have all them turned off individually
The 3 flashes and it then skips 4 and all the rest flash as I scan them.
If I press 5...... OH cool I got it off.
Thanks
Now if I can remember how to turn them on when I need them LOL

Last edited:

Scan125

You can only turn banks on and off when the scanner is actually scanning. Start scanning then hit the keypad numb of the bank you want to include or exclude. The bottom display line shows the banks that are enable for scanning with the one currently being scanned will be flashing.

T_Chris_T

I APPRECIATE everyone's replies. SO many buttons; they do different things; or "take" you to a spot where you can do different things....
And you have to do them in the correct order....
I "think" I've learned enough to get by satisfactory tomorrow.
THANKS

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I APPRECIATE everyone's replies. SO many buttons; they do different things; or "take" you to a spot where you can do different things....
And you have to do them in the correct order....
I "think" I've learned enough to get by satisfactory tomorrow.
THANKS

Go #34 (I always go for the underdog).

T_Chris_T

#34 did great - Race was good.
Major issues trying to talk to my girlfriend through the scanner; with the included wiring.
I was told when you pressed the button to talk to the other person; the scanner would cut out so you could hear each other.
We had the mic right up against our lips and had to scream and still couldn't hear what the other person was saying.
Not what I paid for IMO.....

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Major issues trying to talk to my girlfriend through the scanner; with the included wiring.
I was told when you pressed the button to talk to the other person; the scanner would cut out so you could hear each other.
We had the mic right up against our lips and had to scream and still couldn't hear what the other person was saying.
You've asked this in another thread.

T_Chris_T

how did the radio receiving go, was probably what was meant.
if not,
i am asking how the radio receiving go ?
we could hear whatever we chose to hear (teams, radio) - so that part went good - my disappointment was because I ONLY bought these so we could talk to one another "through" the headsets; and that didn't work at all as advertised by the sale rep.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

Michael is underrated in my opinion.

T_Chris_T

Michael is underrated in my opinion.
yes I agree. If he was with one of the better teams; he'd do much better. Little team he is with just doesn't have the funds to run with the bigger teams.
Oh. Thanks for your help by the way. Still haven't figured out the problem; but it's nice to have someone helpful

Scan125

we could hear whatever we chose to hear (teams, radio) - so that part went good - my disappointment was because I ONLY bought these so we could talk to one another "through" the headsets; and that didn't work at all as advertised by the sale rep.
I'l lost / puzzled.

The BC125AT is a receive only bit of kit. It cannot transmit. What is this " with the included wiring." you refer to?