BC125AT: Locking Out Banks..??

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
"I'l lost / puzzled.

The BC125AT is a receive only bit of kit. It cannot transmit. What is this " with the included wiring." you refer to? "

Refer to:

Can't talk to another person on "Fan Scanner"

See this post.... It's an accessory used with the scanner...

T_Chris_T

"I'l lost / puzzled.

The BC125AT is a receive only bit of kit. It cannot transmit. What is this " with the included wiring." you refer to? "

Refer to:

Can't talk to another person on "Fan Scanner"
True the 'scanner' is a receiver only - it's the headsets that make the difference
Some scanner kits you just plug in the headsets and all you can do is listen. I spent an extra couple hundred dollar so we could talk to one another during the race. It seems that is the issue I am having.

This kit comes with a headset similar to what race teams use.
I attached a couple photos to make explaining it easier.
On the one photo you can see the head set. It has a noise canceling mic for you to talk into and ONLY the people you are wired to can hear you. On the top of the speaker; you'll see a button you push to engage the mic so you can talk. Down lower you'll see a small hole; thats where the scanner plugs in so you can hear what is broadcast on the scanner. Below that I marked an area where another cable plugs in. It is a 3 pin jack and it connects one headset to the other and you can push the mic button and the other person can hear what you say. They can also talk back to you.
On the other picture it shows the wiring it comes with. A "small" wire that runs from the scanner to the headset; and then the 3 pin wire that runs from headset to headset. You can piggy back these together and have 3 or 4 (maybe more) people all connected onto one scanner and you can all hear each other talk.

Attachments

• rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 7
  • rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7

Scan125

True the 'scanner' is a receiver only - it's the headsets that make the difference
Some scanner kits you just plug in the headsets and all you can do is listen. I spent an extra couple hundred dollar so we could talk to one another during the race. It seems that is the issue I am having.

This kit comes with a headset similar to what race teams use.
I attached a couple photos to make explaining it easier.
On the one photo you can see the head set. It has a noise canceling mic for you to talk into and ONLY the people you are wired to can hear you. On the top of the speaker; you'll see a button you push to engage the mic so you can talk. Down lower you'll see a small hole; thats where the scanner plugs in so you can hear what is broadcast on the scanner. Below that I marked an area where another cable plugs in. It is a 3 pin jack and it connects one headset to the other and you can push the mic button and the other person can hear what you say. They can also talk back to you.
On the other picture it shows the wiring it comes with. A "small" wire that runs from the scanner to the headset; and then the 3 pin wire that runs from headset to headset. You can piggy back these together and have 3 or 4 (maybe more) people all connected onto one scanner and you can all hear each other talk.
OK.

Now I understand.

Sadly, I cannot offer any further advice/info as I'm not familiar with this type of comms kit.