Logging Software and Hardware Combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5SSZ

Hello All,

I am trying to use a radio to scan certain frequencies and log the signal strengths at each frequency. I want to scan through these frequencies quickly and have a log that will tell me which frequencies are being used the most and which are being used the least. I currently have the BCT15X and have had several issues with connecting to the PC with the proprietary cable. It used to be able to communicate with my PC, but now I am unable to even see a connection between the radio and the PC.

Thank you in advance!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to use a radio to scan certain frequencies and log the signal strengths at each frequency. I want to scan through these frequencies quickly and have a log that will tell me which frequencies are being used the most and which are being used the least.

Welcome to the RR forums:
Proscan does this via its "History logging" feature. If you don't want a new log entry created every time the frequency keys up, uncheck "Each Transmission new row" it'll still give you a hit count. RSSI = signal strength. Simply click column headers to sort info as you wish

1657836886550.png

it'll write the info to a History.txt file located in the directory of your choosing as long as the checkbox is checked to do so. By default it writes the file to the same directory where Proscan resides unless you choose a different directory
1657837378418.png

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
but now I am unable to even see a connection between the radio and the PC.
Before using my ProScan or any software, you want to get the connection working. I take it that you are using the front port. Is that correct? Does the Device Manager shows any yellow exclamation marks on the ports or are they normal? Try reseating the cable and see what happens.

The cable or scanner connector could be intermittent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.