SDS100/SDS200: Lost Repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have informed delivery. How do you get the email sent to you every morning?
You don't, and that's the fun of it. Occasionally I will get that notice, but nothing ever shows up. Or, they show me 2 letters coming and I get 6. This is all very sporadic and just makes no sense so I have UPS Informed Delivery marked as spam and I never have to see it. If anyone figures it out I would Love to know. Greg

Greg, It must be your local distribution center you signed up with... I've had it since it was available and 3 different addresses in 3 different cities and they have always been on the ball (except when Mother Nature gets rambunctious!)
My only wish would be to have the same service with my PO Box like they used to have...

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I don't remember ever signing up, but I must have. Its still just a joke to me. They should be more professional with this. Appreciate it. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Greg if your mail in your box does not match your informed delivery email you have a mail man problem.
Thank you sir. We are lucky just to get the mail here. Usually after mail comes, very late in the afternoon, the whole block is out swapping mail with others who got someone else's mail as well. Its a never ending drama here, but I have bigger fish to fry. (I want an SDS 100 damn it!)

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Still waiting to hear from Uniden on the status of the SRO number. Will have to live with my 436 as my daily driver for the time being. As well as my other Uniden Scanners

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Just got word from Uniden this afternoon that they have shipped me a new unit with the new address via fedex. The rep provided me with the tracking number and it looks like it should be here tomorrow. Really excited and looking forward to receiving it. Hopefully like Bravo14 Mentioned a while back he recieved a new unit with all the required accessories in a new retail box. Not out the woods until I receive the unit tomorrow. I will advise

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just got word from Uniden this afternoon that they have shipped me a new unit with the new address via fedex. The rep provided me with the tracking number and it looks like it should be here tomorrow. Really excited and looking forward to receiving it. Hopefully like Bravo14 Mentioned a while back he recieved a new unit with all the required accessories in a new retail box. Not out the woods until I receive the unit tomorrow. I will advise
Hope you do get a new unit, and that the problems are solved.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
I have been checking the tracking last night as well this morning. Looks like it left the facility in Vaughan, its actually a new FedEx Ground facility running Cap+ and is now out for delivery. This time around, it requires a signature. I don't think Uniden will make that mistake again. LOL

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Look what arrived this afternoon. Like the new box artwork (the 436 and 536 were my all time favourite artwork) compared to the first generation boxes of the SDS100. Noticed it had the smaller battery door which made me a little nervous that it shipped with the small battery and battery door I'm going to unbox it tonight and start monitoring simulcast again!

Attachments

• 20200221_140720.jpg
    20200221_140720.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 68

mitbr

Look what arrived this afternoon. Like the new box artwork (the 436 and 536 were my all time favourite artwork) compared to the first generation boxes of the SDS100. Noticed it had the smaller battery door which made me a little nervous that it shipped with the small battery and battery door I'm going to unbox it tonight and start monitoring simulcast again!
YaY!!!!!!! Glad you got now enjoy that new toy!
Tim :cool:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Air 11...I am really happy for you. Many of us were following the journey. I'm so glad you have it, if you want a larger battery/door its free, and I am waiting to hear how it works for you. Please let us know. Greg

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Air 11...I am really happy for you. Many of us were following the journey. I'm so glad you have it, if you want a larger battery/door its free, and I am waiting to hear how it works for you. Please let us know. Greg

Thank you Greg. Its been a tough year with my family and we are going through some hard times, but this really made my year so far! If it doesn't get better than this, I turned the radio on and all 3 upgrade keys were installed! Along with the latest database and firmware which just saved me so much time. All I have to do now is adjust the display settings and write my favorites list from Sentinel!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thats great! I assume its talking to you now. Have a great time with it. This one can be daunting just a bit so everyone here is willing to help. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Cool. Nothing like a working house fire to get a guy to fall in love with his scanner again. I am happy for you; I can imagine if it were me and how I would feel. No one should have this experience. Again..enjoy! Greg

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Interesting enough, I sent Uniden a message a while back saying that the unit had been received. been a couple weeks now they haven't really repelled back, which is fine I got it in one piece and the case of the lost SDS100 is pretty much done and over with. Still scratching my head on if it actually made it there or who possibly would take a package and not know what is inside. The really instant karma or kick out of the whole things is it they were trying to monitor the cops they will be out of luck due to something called AES256 on my local police service. However, OPP is still in the clear(for now).

When I looked at the receipt for the replacement unit, it was shipped from the Uniden authorized dealer here in Ontario and not Uniden themselves. I've actually have dealt with them for repairs several times over the years they have been great.

Now I have 2 SMA to BNC connectors, (always good to have one for the car and one for the house), another USB cable to add to the pile of Uniden USB cables lol, as well as another charging brick and another owners manual (pretty sure mine got lost or accidentally thrown out in the move).

Reception has been pretty good compared to my 436 on my local system, and neighbouring systems, Not a whole lot of analog systems to test it out on but so far so good! Haven't had a chance to really monitor Provoice as my local hydro company is using it and will probably migrate to the regional P25 system in the near future. They have at least 10 talkgroups and they only use the one main dispatch channels and a heck of lot of private calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.