Louisville Emergency Communications Network: MetroSafe - Discussion Thread

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Does anyone know what channel Metro Police River Patrol uses and what callsigns they would use?

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
Does anyone know what channel Metro Police River Patrol uses and what callsigns they would use?
They're dispatched on the Traffic channel and call off as "River" and then a number by what boat they're using (I assume it's by the boat but it could be based on something else). You'll hear them on the Event channels and such during events like Thunder.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I heard them chatting back and forth on TG 49 when they were doing some kind of search, but that was just once. So that might be a special talkgroup they use for boat to boat communications.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
With Thunder over Louisville approaching and with an interesting twist this year being at undisclosed locations around the city what talkgroups do y’all think will be used

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A lot depends how close you are to a transmitter site on how it performs. If you are fairly close, you probably will hear clear audio. If you are exactly between two sites, you'll hear lots of garble or perhaps no audio at all.

If MetroSafe is all you listen to, you can try removing the antenna and give that a shot.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Personally I have used the WS1040 on the system and in the far eastern part of the county I was able to get a good decode, but its all location location location when it comes to simulcast

Remington12G

GØT AES?
It appears that Talkgroup 819 & 820 seem to be the encrypted event channels that agencies are working Thunder of Louisville operations on. Does anybody have names for these channels? Just trying to put a name to the talkgroup other than EVENT.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I know they added a number of Event channels that are encrypted for better or worse. So you can infer their numbers when looking at the RR database.

There are some other Airport talkgroups that I can see being used.

I suspect state DOT and Public Works might be doing some stuff too, particularly on I65 near the Fairgrounds to deal with traffic.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been monitoring AIRPORT 1 nothing so far. I’m out at bowman field watching the show nothing on airport 1 only action that isn’t encrypted seems to be the air show VHF frequency for the aircraft called air boss

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
More often than not, when these special events come up, they will try to push associated radio traffic off to "non daily use" channels. Those would be Event Channels and/or Mutual Aid Channels.

RIVER_5

ÆS LØVER
Can anyone confirm if the Airport is moving Full-time over to MS. I have noticed a number of talk groups in use with RID's matching existing airport subscriber units.

If they are moving full-time what will these new channels be used for? Fire? EMS?

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The only Airport talkgroup I monitor regularly is 1601, their public safety talkgroup. It seems pretty active. That is for both law enforcement and firefighting. Not sure about the others being used. They did have plans or accommodations for, other talkgroups for operational purposes, but I don't know of their migration plans.

I believe they may also interface with the sheriff radio for computer inquiries.

Alrib123

Can anyone confirm if the Airport is moving Full-time over to MS. I have noticed a number of talk groups in use with RID's matching existing airport subscriber units.

If they are moving full-time what will these new channels be used for? Fire? EMS?
Referring to the 1604 and 1605 tgs?