Lubbock PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireJustin

The system is still simulcast for the most part, but the P25 system is far clearer for mobile reception than the EDACS. I also understand they're installing a couple simulcast sites to help in the harder-to-reach areas.

Deadguy

First, I just got back from Lubbock and can confirm that the EDACS system is still operational and seems to be simulcasting the Phase 2 system. I don't know how many talk groups may or may not be active still on the EDACS but a lot of PD talk groups are still there...

The EDACS system is much quieter than the Phase 2!

I hope that helps!

Also...I LOVE my 436! It's hella easy to program, whether by computer or even manually. The reception is great as well. Overall, it's a GREAT scanner.

That being said there are some things that bug me...

First, the battery life is REALLY short! Second, I don't really like the lack of a dedicated AC input. I have to use the USB port to power it from the wall...

Other than that, I recommend it to anyone!

*quick edit: All of the PD talk groups I monitored there were Phase 2...at least while I was monitoring them!

lild806

Premium Subscriber
yes the phase 2 system does have i-call the only group i ever hear use it is citibus when the supervisors want to talk to each other privately or when they need to talk to a driver without anyone listening in.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I used to be a GRE man, died in the wool! Now, I am loyal to Uniden. I was highly disappointed in the lack of improvements inherent in the newest Whistler products. From what I've gathered from reading posts and talking to those that own both, Whistler hasn't progressed too far beyond the PSR 500 regarding decoding of digital.

Thank God, I've not had to visit my birthplace in many years. Typically, I move right angles to avoid Lubbock, but I have relatives who live near Abernasty. Having said this, I will be closely monitoring said system when I return to the area with my Tram mobile antenna and 436HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.