Luzerne County P25

cpg178

Premium Subscriber
Is there any updates on the Luzerne County P25 system, I know it was delayed due to COVID, but has anyone had any luck picking anything up as they test it as they are supposedly setting it up currently?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Last article I saw was saying mid-late 2021 but I believe they’re still building towers, so....

I don’t believe they’re re-using any existing frequencies and I’m terrible with the FCC database searching but as far as I can tell I haven’t even found an application for frequencies unless anyone else on here is better with this and can find something I missed.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Is there any updates on the Luzerne County P25 system, I know it was delayed due to COVID, but has anyone had any luck picking anything up as they test it as they are supposedly setting it up currently?
[/QUOTE]

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Meanwhile our awesome County 911 leadership has much more serious issues they are dealing with.
Never mind that the cost of the new radio system has climbed from 20 million to 25 million, is already a year delayed, and they have such a shortage of poorly trained and underpaid dispatchers that it seems like some of them may as well change their address to the 911 center's address.