• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M1225 Programming Help Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have one maybe two M1225 radios i would like to program myself.. Is there somewhere I can get the software and RIBLESS Cable without paying $600 to do it? I am trying to update my scanner feed with this radio but $600 is out of the question. I am in UPSTATE, NY is there anyone out there in this area that might have the software and cable and be willing to program the radio for me or lend the cable and software to me to use to program my radio? Thank you

jlzweifel

M1225 programming

I am also looking for programming software for the M1225 radio. Any have any ideas or places to find the the software? Thanks!

mc911c8

Where on MOL?

If you have a MOL account, the software is free under the discontinued radios.

I need this too and I have an MOL account, but am new to MOL. I looked under Resource Center -> Software -> Discontinued Products and did not find it.

Do I need to look somewhere else?

Thanks

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
i do have an account, but not sure if i have the correct one. I have an account on https://businessonline.motorola.com and cannot find anything about programming software, or for that matter, any info on radios at all. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I don't want to be out of line here, but if you have a MOL account, you really do need to poke around there and find out where things are and what they are. Everything is there, you just need to learn how to use their website and learn their terminology.

If you want current software, you have to first open a case with them and request the software you want. Then you'll have to execute an agreement before they'll actually sell it to you. You have to do that for each different software package that you want.

For the 1225 RSS: Resource Center --> Software --> Two-Way --> Discontinued Products --> Radius 1225 Conventional

Just understand that it is older software and doesn't like to be installed on anything newer than an XP machine. If your computer is newer, you may need to run a virtual XP or similar to use it.

jlzweifel

MOL help.

Well you see, the 'discontinued products' is not in the Two-Way drop down in Resource center.

W2NJS

And, not all Motorola software will run on XP systems. The older programs, such as the Sabers, require pure DOS on a machine that's been booted in DOS, which means that you can't usually use the DOS that runs under 98 or XP. That DOS may read the radio but usually it will not write TO the radio.

piper451

Did we ever come up with a solution for this problem? Im trying to program a M1225 myself and I'm having problems. Running RSS 3.1 on an XP machine. Software will not read the radio. Checked my com ports and still no luck. Any suggestions? And before the Motorola Police chime in - I do have an account and everything is legit. I just need some advise on how to get this radio programmed. Thanks.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
On MOL, look under Discontinued Two Way products in the Resource Center.

Edit to add: Read post #7 in this thread. It tells you exactly where to look. I posted that two years ago. The Radius 1225 software is still there. I just looked.

Last edited:

piper451

Steve

I followed your directions to the "T". The only thing listed under discontinued two way software that I can see is a file entitled CP125, BC120, VL140 Business radio tuner R01.01. I'm pretty sure this isn't what I'm looking for. Maybe we have different level motorola accounts?

com501

Resource Center > Software>Two-Way>Discontinued Products>HVN9054, both packages are there, if not, call support on Monday and ask them to refresh your account and put them there. One package for Conventional and one package for LTR.

Salora

M1225 seems to need Windows 95 to program it

Hi Y'all,

If this is still of interest to anyone, I just used a full day in trying to program one of these. Finally, W7 or its XP mode did not work in any guise or compatibility mode. The only way I got this Ver. 3 program to work was to install a virtual Windows 95. Even then, only the serial port -based Chinese RIB worked, my RIBless USB-to-RJ45 did not work even if Win95 recognized it. This took a day to learn on my own cost. Microsoft changed their understanding of RS232 communication in DOS 4.1 and again in abandoning the DOS kernel in XP, this is how I try to comfort myself.
My lament is that when my Dell 5100 laptop wears out, programming of many 'legacy' telephone exchanges and radios etc. that only accept DOS operating system -based programming software becomes challenging.

Good luck!

com501

The last release of 1225 for conventional and 1225LS for trunking available on MOL both work with Windows XP but will NOT work with XP 64bit or any flavor of Windows 7 (and probably Vista if anyone is foolish enough to own that OS). You can, and I do, run every legacy version of Motorola software except DOS versions in an XP virtual machine on Windows 7 and they work just fine.

You need the last release of both LS and regular, earlier versions won't do it. I do this for a living where time is money and radios have to work every time. Trust me.

If you need to retain DOS compatibility there are literally hundreds of very nice laptops, including Toughbooks on broken-stolen-radios.com (ebay) that will do what you need for under $100. Dedicate a laptop, format it for DOS 6.22 and be done with it. This is why when local hams need their Syntor X9000s programmed they know where to come, I have the correct gear, and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.