Marcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know if some of the channels on marcs is scambled? Some car units are sometimes scambled and I dont know if it is a progamming issue with my scanner. I am using the pro-96.

hoser147

The Pro 96 cant discriminate between the encrypted or non encrypted signals, its not that the channels are scrambled, it the radio's that are being used. As Ibagli stated they are marked in the database here. When the system came online more were using encryption and it seems to have let up and there are more units in the open, IE: Wildlife, Watercraft are good examples of this. With the 96 you have the option of not programing the talkgroups that run encryption or put up with it and get the traffic that is in the clear. The newer GRE 500/600 use different technology and automatically block out the encrypted signals. Some agencies use encryption for sensitive comms, if you are recieveing alot of E type signals you may want to go thru your programing and lock out or remove the encrypted ones that are tying up your scanner. Hope this helps, Hoser

SCPD

QRT
Thank you, but the only thing about my scanner that I hate is that you can only L/O 50 channels and freqs. I wish there was a way to filter out all of the Columbus fire dept. talk ID's. TTYL

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Thank you, but the only thing about my scanner that I hate is that you can only L/O 50 channels and freqs. I wish there was a way to filter out all of the Columbus fire dept. talk ID's. TTYL

Don't program them into your radio. Or put them in a bank and turn the bank on or off as your needs change.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.