Marine Frequencies in MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Hearing Coast Guard Milwaulkee in Michigan this AM on BR330T using RS800MHz antenna.

seamusg

DaveIN said:
Hearing Coast Guard Milwaulkee in Michigan this AM on BR330T using RS800MHz antenna.
If you're on the west side if Michigan, you should. Sector Milwaulkee now covers most of Lake Michigan. I believe their high site is the Sears Tower. They replaced Grand Haven.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I hear Grand Haven full signal every day, including all the weather and hazards reports. Where did you read this about Milwaukee?

Last edited:

seamusg

DaveIN said:
I hear Grand Haven full signal every day, including all the weather and hazards reports. Where did you read this about Milwaukee?
I can't find the origional post, but it was from a guy that used to work ( he is USCG) at Grand Haven and he was saying that their Com operations were moving to Milwaukee and it is now known as Sector Lake Michigan. The same thig happened in Detroit. The old Group Detroit became Sector Detroit and it took over most of the coms. for the area. I don't hear St. Clair Shores and Belle Isle as much as I use to. The post was about the USCG realigning their Coms. and using more High Sites, and remoting some of their equipment to central sites, and the stations have access to the High Sites.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well, anyway, this was the only time I've heard Milwaukee on a handheld so far. It was scratchy to full quieting for a few minutes, this is why I posted it to the Skip / Tropospheric Ducting Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.