Marion Co, Indiana

osolo58

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning!

I am planning a trip down to Indianapolis this weekend and want to know what I need to have programmed on my BCD436HP to be able to hear all of Marion Co and some of the surrounding COs as well. I looked at the scanner programming for the scanner and I see that There are quite a few options but curious as to making sure I place the right one in my scanner.

Thank You!

9/11/2001
NeverForget

west-pac

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Marion, Hamilton, Madison on MESA, all other counties on SAFE-T. Hendricks, and Hamilton, all Law Enforcement is full time Encryted. Hancock has some encryption, as does Shelby. For IMPD there are encrypted tg's but most traffic is in the clear. If you travel over near Madison they also have a good bit of encryption. Ymmv on the 436 with the MESA as it's all simulcast, as is the Hendricks, Shelby, and Boone County SAFE-T sites.

cubn

Database Admin
Make sure you focus on the correct sites for what you want to hear on MESA.

1 (1)003 (3)Hamilton County Simulcast (System 3)
-Any Hamilton County TG

1 (1)004 (4)Madison County Simulcast (System 4)
-Any Madison County TG

1 (1)010 (A)Marion County Public Safety (System 1)
-Marion County public safety, airport pub sfty, event talkgroups (S1-T#)

1 (1)020 (14)Marion County Government (System 2)
-Marion County public works, schools

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
School police are on S1, and the individual school systems, a lot of encryption in use on school systems now. Iuh dps is on SAFE-T currently.

west-pac

Right, I saw that. Imo I think you and @cubn were getting off track from what the OP asked.

They just want to hear public safety when they visit downtown Indy. They don't need info on Shelby county or Madison county. They likely don't even know what "IUH DPS" is. Again, IMO, that's deeper than what the question was.

ID SEARCH on MESA system 1, and ID SEARCH on SAFE-T IGC will suffice the OP's appetite.