IC-R15 - First Impressions

xms3200

Premium Subscriber
Yes, using the same external Taco D-5076 antenna, the IC-705 was very impressive. The IC-R15 has a faster scan speed…. indoors, the IC-705 was picking up some noise with the Smiley ducky. I am still playing with the filters and other settings, I will update as I find new tweaks.
I can see the IC-R15 being the new “Gold Standard” for VHF air, it does not miss much on VHF.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I have been seriously considering the IC-R15 as my primary VHF / Airband receiver, I was wondering what is the general opinion regarding UHF Airband reception and the recording feature of the radio.

thanks in advance !

bcradio

Database Admin
Hi all,

I have been seriously considering the IC-R15 as my primary VHF / Airband receiver, I was wondering what is the general opinion regarding UHF Airband reception and the recording feature of the radio.

thanks in advance !
UHF rocks! I am listening to a lot of UHF Milair and this radio is the best of all that I own. I have a BCD436 and 536, plus Icom IC-R2 and it is great. Recording works great, too.

Kiniutech

Past login as: questnz
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I tested Diamond RH 771, Watson WS881 , Watson WS901 ( suppose to be air band tuned antenna) and YAESU air receiver stock antenna on Uniden 125. Yaesu antenna beat them all For signal strength and clarity of reception. I would expect iCom FA-S270c air receiver antenna will perform the same on UHF air. Now Yaesu antenna
is permanently attached to Uniden 125 for air scanning , Whistler Trx-1 and iCom IC-R30 used for general scanning