matanuska-susitna tactical

Status
Not open for further replies.

stok573

hey,

im in the blind for the matsu tactical channel 5 many times i hear them switching to tac 5 and thats when i lose
the whole conversation, does anyone know which frequency tactical channel 5 is for the matanuska susitna.
i cant seem to find anything on RR and other places either.

thanks so much :)

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
It's listed on the Borough RR page, although it also appears to coincide with Palmer FD frequency, if I remember correct. Another thing to remember is a lot of times fire Tac channels are simplex, which means you have to be in the immediate vicinity of the radios transmitting for you to hear it.

If all else fails, do a search between in the range of 150 to 160 MHz. The current borough "system" is 150mhz. If you find anything out, be sure to submit it.

stok573

thank you ikarus280 for your reply,

Matanuska-Susitna County, Alaska (AK) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

i cant find tactical channel 5 in this list, is it this list you are talking about?

i was wondering the same thing i might be out of range being in anchorage with just an indoor antenna might just not pick it up.

154.07000 WNUE315 BM Palmer FD Tc Palmer Fire Tactical
you are refering to this frequency ?

marc

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I was on mobile last time and did not check the actual list. Tac5 on that list used to actually be the same as 154.37000 - Palmer FD dispatch. There was a document floating around online, which was some sort of an emergency preparedness plan from MatSu borough that actually listed all the frequencies in the area, and 154.37000 was listed as tac5. Conveniently, I can't find that right now. And yeah. in Anchorage your chances of picking that up are pretty slim.

stok573

now with a closer look at the site and the scanner

155.37000 WPEP453 BM 127.3 PL Palmer PD Palmer Police FM Law Dispatch
154.37000 KZB358 BM 100.0 PL Palmer FD Ds Palmer Fire Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch

i already had both of these programmed with ctcss code perhaps the tactical channel has a different ctcss code.. i will program this frequency without the ctcss for a while and see if i hear more on there when they switch to tactical channel 5

will let you know when i hear more :)

usually i dont use the ctcss code a lot cause i like to hear anything possible but at this frequency im getting a lot of static and programming the code wont make it stop on that frequency anymore just of static.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I think youre onto something. I use the PL codes in my scanner because of the interference as well.
Simplex channels (TACs) on their system are all CSQ, so that may be the answer. You can also try 150.775, as it appears to be the input frequency for 154.37000

stok573

i am in anchorage for the winter and listening to matsu but i lose them when they switch to tactical 5
i hear chugiak,girdwood,matsu,jber (some of it encrypted),some palmer on good conditions and listening to kenai,ces,nikiski on broadcastify.and im almost sure i would be able to pick these up with an outdoor antenna but that is just no option as of now. but indeed yes anchorage dont hear much sporadicly one or two transmissions come thruogh but thats not even worth mentioning.

stok573

thanks for the pfd thats good info :)

154.190 i do have in my scanner but with autenator On also cause of the static .. i will see what i can find on this freq exkalibur thanks.

marc

Status
Not open for further replies.