MD State P25 system....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoDo

Sorry I am confused... Will the new PSR-800 I bought work on the new Baltimore County system if it is digital? I am able to scan and listen to Baltimore City digital.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The City system is not a Phase 2 type - so as long as the County decides to go with the same system type as the City is using, then you should be good to go with a little programming (and perhaps a few setting tweaks along the way).

It's simply not possible to speculate further without hard facts about what the County intends to do - but even if they decide to go X2 (I very much doubt this), the 800 works there, too. It's really a wait and see game to find out what will happen next

best regards..Mike

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Who here on RR has the PSR800 and is monitoring Balt City at this time ?

I just wanted to know how good the PSR800 is performing on the Cities P25 system.

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See this thread...

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...m/194926-new-baltimore-system-discussion.html

Use the search tools to focus on 'PSR-800' and 'PSR800' (note: no dash). It appears that the system is somewhat directional and depends greatly on where you happen to be. Some areas are clearly being served better than others, the numerous cell towers around the city notwithstanding. We also have some fairly extensive notes on the subject in our wiki...

Programming the New Baltimore P25 System - The RadioReference Wiki

and check the last question in the GRE/PC FAQ (Operational Tips section) for the tweaks that at least some folks have found useful...

GRE/RS PC Object Oriented FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

riveter

Premium Subscriber
This thread is about that implementation.

EDIT: at least theoretically.

Status
Not open for further replies.