Medic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Just heard YCOM tap for Medic 1, an ambulance out of McMinnville. Don't know if they just changed the unit ID's or added another rig.. it usually goes: Medic 10, Medic 11, Medic 12- day shift/back-up, and Medic 13- a special events unit. Way back when they used to have a rescue, "Rescue 1", go with Medic units on calls, but the rig was destroyed in an accident.

mjohnston4

The station is centrally located in their city and is harder to justify a second station when they might be too close together. If it was offset in the city now, it would be easy to say, build another station on the other side of town. FG is in the same boat in a way. A good example is Newberg, opposite sides of town and talks of a 3rd station somewhere.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
The station is centrally located in their city and is harder to justify a second station when they might be too close together. If it was offset in the city now, it would be easy to say, build another station on the other side of town. FG is in the same boat in a way. A good example is Newberg, opposite sides of town and talks of a 3rd station somewhere.
Ha...you guys already have a second station - it's called Cornelius Station 8. :p

Just break down the geographical boundaries and combine city resources. You could call yourselves Forestnelius or Corneligrove.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
...Corneligrove.

Lmao, that's a good one.

I also heard a new set of paging tones for a call. I've been sitting at my desk ready to decode it for the past hour... of course, and I know this is a good thing- there's nothing fire/ems wise going on in the central area.

epikos

Lmao, that's a good one.

I also heard a new set of paging tones for a call. I've been sitting at my desk ready to decode it for the past hour... of course, and I know this is a good thing- there's nothing fire/ems wise going on in the central area.

I thought most/all of the regional fire agencies were using a mix of pagers and fiberoptic links to the stations so we couldn't scan toneouts? I know zero about those tones. It'd be interesting to be able to scan a firehouse and learn about them.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I thought most/all of the regional fire agencies were using a mix of pagers and fiberoptic links to the stations so we couldn't scan toneouts? I know zero about those tones. It'd be interesting to be able to scan a firehouse and learn about them.

Washington, Multnomah and Clackamas counties are the only ones that have digital paging systems I believe. The rest of the Northwest area uses analog paging.

But, WCCCA and CCOM offer this: Joint CAD Incident Tracking System

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
of course, and I know this is a good thing- there's nothing fire/ems wise going on in the central area.
Naturally...but give it time...maybe record the audio output throughout the day (or tomorrow night for that matter). I'm sure there will be PLENTY of EMS calls after 12AM January 1st

mjohnston4

Ha...you guys already have a second station - it's called Cornelius Station 8. :p

Just break down the geographical boundaries and combine city resources. You could call yourselves Forestnelius or Corneligrove.

Hahaha, no comment. But still the west side of our city could use a station but isn't justified because our station is too centralized and sucks to quickly access the north or south ends of the district.

And I've never seen Jackson County's CAD.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Naturally...but give it time...maybe record the audio output throughout the day (or tomorrow night for that matter). I'm sure there will be PLENTY of EMS calls after 12AM January 1st

As of 22:32, I got what I needed :)

ORE007

Feed Provider
Appearently they bought a house and moved an engine and medic to N. Mac somewhere and now numbered them E1 and M1. E14 is now E1 and I believe M12 is now M11 and M11 became M1.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Press release courtesy of the McMinnville Fire Department
01/04/2012
--------------------------
The McMinnville Fire Department started its new ambulance deployment model today. The goal of the new deployment plan is to improve response times to the north end of the department’s response area. One 24 hour ambulance will be deploying from a residential property at 210 NW Baker Creek Rd to all areas north of 19th St in McMinnville. The new location will also reduce response times for the communities of Yamhill, Carlton and Lafayette. There will continue to be one 12 hour ambulance and one 24 hour ambulance from the main station primarily covering all areas south of 19th St. This is the first step approved by the McMinnville City Council in improving ambulance service to the citizens. The planning and preparation phase took approximately 6 months to work through with partners from the City and County. YCOM has spent significant effort in redrawing dispatch zones to ensure closest station dispatching and reprogramming paging systems.
Well, there you go...

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Well, there you go...

Got that note too, ;)

Lol, with the new Unit ID's, the duty chiefs are having some issues. The C7, C10 and occasionally L1 chief couldn't get over saying "YCOM, Engine Fourteen..." today.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
So I have a question, what or who is L1?

L1 is the call sign given to the McMinnville Fire duty chief. The people who that take position are usually all Lieutenants. They don't use "C" call signs to represent duty commanders on Yamhill County air. If you hear "C1", its the actual chief of McMinnville Fire.

Just to clarify, Lafayette and Carlton have the same fire chief. And he also works as a Lieutenant for McMinnville.

Last edited:

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
L1 is the call sign given to the McMinnville Fire duty chief. The people who that take position are usually all Lieutenants. They don't use "C" call signs to represent duty commanders on Yamhill County air. If you hear "C1", its the actual chief of McMinnville Fire.

Just to clarify, Lafayette and Carlton have the same fire chief. And he also works as a Lieutenant for McMinnville.
So, for Newberg, there's an L20. But I've also heard a C20, C21, C2, etc. Assuming C2 is the CHIEF of chiefs, and L20 is a duty chief, who are C20 and C21?

Status
Not open for further replies.