Mercer County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbinsj2

Add 500.4500 as a control channel, that's been in the mix since the system ID changed. I've only gotten it and 508.4875 during the limited times I have monitored since that point.

Jim

wnjl

Did JEMS 1 get reconfigured? Earlier today I heard a Burlington County dispatcher advise a Bordentown BLS unit that Mercer JEMS 1 was no longer in service and to contact Mercer on the LifeComm Ops channel. I thought that might have been wrong information, but tonight I just heard a dispatch come over JEMS 1 and it sounds very much like a patch from somewhere.

jetskiman98

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Yep. As of yesterday Lifecomm and Central have started a merger. Some of the Lifecomm employees are operating (with their CAD) at Central. All units are now being dispatched on Fire 1. Currently there is a patch to JEMS1 while the EMS units radios are being reprogrammed. Once everyone's radios and pagers have been programmed dispatches on JEMS1 will go away. Until the CAD situation is worked out, central's dispatchers are being cross trained with Lifecomm and vice verse. The actually take over will be July 1st. This hopefully will coincide with the transition to the P25 radio system. There will be a separate EMS Ops talkgroup that will function the same way as the current conventional repeater.

tomk62

Would be nice if they dispatched EMS on a different freq, to keep the EMS and fire dispatches separate. I only want to listen to fire :).

jetskiman98

I've been running UniTrunker on the system now for a while and have noticed a TON of activity recently. Some agencies have already switched to it full time. Based upon this data and information gathered from a friend who works at Central, I've submitted loads of new info to the database. I've even updated a few Wiki pages too. These are exciting times. Any info that any else digs up, please share with the rest of us!

W2SJW

Database Admin
So, does this now effectively depreciate the Ewing Twp. TRS? Let me know if/when & I'll get it out of the database...

jetskiman98

So, does this now effectively depreciate the Ewing Twp. TRS? Let me know if/when & I'll get it out of the database...

I don't know if Ewing has moved over full time, but in the past few days they have been the most active. For a while it was the prosecutors that had the most hits, but Ewing has been crazy. I've never monitored their existing TRS so I don't know what a routine call load for them is like to see if they've moved yet.

Does anyone know what the conventional frequencies will be?

As for the conventional frequencies, I do have a list, but it is from last September and I was told that they WILL change. Well, the frequencies will be the same, but the uses and names will be rearranged. I didn't want to submit it until I knew for sure what they would be. They should be finalized now, I'll just have to sit down with a fire ground radio and figure what is what. Those frequencies won't be used for a while until the full migration to the trunk system is complete.

phillydjdan

I poked around on the FCC site and did not find any new conventional licenses, so I assume they will be the former sheriff, prosecutor, etc frequencies.

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk

jetskiman98

That was the original idea, but I just checked all the frequencies I have and NONE of them are existing to anybody in the area. Mercer County does have a new license for all of them, its

WQRM564 (MERCER, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

This was given to me by a radio tech last September. Don't take it as gospel just yet. I've been told by a few people that they will change. They probably have already. All use the standard Mercer County 103.5 PL

Tac 1: 460.3625
Tac 2: 453.1750
Tac 3: 453.3125
Tac 4: 453.5125
Tac 5: 460.3375
Tac 6: 453.5875
FireGround1: 458.3125
FireGround2: 458.5125
FireGround3: 465.3375
FireGround4: 458.1750
FireGround5: 458.5875
FireGround6: 465.3625

The tac channels will be assigned geographically, same as they are now. Should an additional assignment occur in a region, a second channel will be used and announced during the dispatch. Tac 6 will be use exclusively for a Mayday situation unless deemed absolutely necessary by the Central supervisor. All the tac channels can be monitored (and are recorded) by central, however they cannot transmit. The fireground channels are not monitored or recorded and can be used for training, special operations or whatever.

phillydjdan

Ok, so in reading the training PDF, it looks as though all the conventional channels will be simplex and not repeated at all. Tacs will be recorded/monitored, firegrounds will not. I wonder why my search of the FCC site didn't reveal that license. In any event, at least we have an idea of what the frequencies are, even if the assigned aliases may change.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Can someone please run UniTrunker or Pro96Com on this and post the channel assignment tables?

Thanks!

EDIT - got the data from a friend:

01 - 500.450 12.5 3.00 (+)
02 - 500.000 12.5 3.00 (+)

The second line looks weird to me, but that's what the CC is sending...

Last edited:

robbinsj2

Yes, no control channel live now on the former Ewing frequencies. Also former Ewing frequencies are turning up in the rotation for the county's simulcast zone, which is new since last weekend. I'll log for a while and post later this weekend. To date only 500.4500 and 508.4875 show as control channels.

Last edited:

robbinsj2

System frequencies:
500.4500 (control channel)
508.4875 (control channel)

No sign of use: 500.4625, 500.6500 -- note sure where these came from, neither are licensed anywhere within Mercer County. Also no sign yet of integration of 501.8625 into the trunked system.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I will get the DB updated with this lineup sometime today...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

wnjl

Have heard what obviously are system coverage tests on the North Response 1 and the South Response 1 talkgroups the past couple of days, transmissions are unencrypted. Signal of the system is unreliable down here in Burlco, a sharp contrast from the Mercer VHF channels, but I can find spots where the copy is decent.

jetskiman98

Here is a screen shot of Unitrunker. You can see the that most of those new channels came online on 6/4 and are getting hits.

Attachments

• MercerP25.jpg
    MercerP25.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 461

wnjl

I better not say this too loud, but on TGID 348, I am hearing what sounds like a patch of Trenton PD. My reception again is spotty, so I can't tell if the patch is full-time as I've experienced some gaps in between transmissions, but it sounds like the primary dispatch channel to me, and all of the locations dispatched come back to Trenton City.

phillydjdan

So far I tried to put this system into my XTS5000 and am not hearing anything. How much activity is currently on the system? Im sure fire is probably pretty quiet, but is there consistent activity on the unencrypted police talkgroups?

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk

wnjl

I had not heard any unencrypted PD transmissions until this Trenton patch popped up. Unencrypted traffic has been light overall...just tests on the fire response channels and and some activity on the talkgroup for the county bus system.

Status
Not open for further replies.