Metro Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmutk

I lost the ability to pick up MNPD or NFD on my mobile this week. I can manually pick up a channel but it won't single out a transmission from the Scan bank. Did the whole system go Encrypted today? Or did some control channels change? Anyone else having similar issues?

cowand

Metro Nashville government shut down the old 3600 system permanently this morning. They are on the new P25 exclusive system 100% now. It's not 100% encrypted. You can still monitor the basic traffic.

NashMonitor88

I was wondeing what happened. Turned on my PSR-500 and the old system wouldn't hit on the controll channels..then RR freqs for that system have changed...only a few freqs and no controll channel showing.

KE4JD

I can't pick this up either.

I have these frequencies loaded in my scanner.

Is there something else I need to do to pick it up? I have a custom band plan programmed in as well.

Last edited:

news15

BCD536HP

Has anybody tried a 536HP on Metro's system? Mixed reviews on other systems around the country -- wondering if would be better than a 996xt here in Nashville now that the legacy old system is gone.

cowand

I know with a uniden you must make a new system. If you use radio IDs just copy n paste those to the new profile... just used the same radio IDs, for the most part. I have a uniden 396xt and I had to make a new system. The old systems were motorola type 2... this is a p 25 system. I do know that others with 396/996 scanners have had issues receiving the P25 "simucast" systems well... I have had issies too. I receive the state P25 system perfect but the metro system gives me grief. The state system is not simucast per say. This "could" be an additional issue if you've programmed it right.

Here is the link to the new system:
Metropolitan Government Of Nashville & Davidson County (P25) Trunking System, Multiple, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

My feed scanner is a pro 106 & it receives it "ok". I am smack dab between two sites, so i wonder if the scanner is having trouble with the sites.

cowand

News15, I suggest getting a newer scanner that will decode the TDMA. I'd say in a few years everyone will eventually migrate to that type modulation. I do some programming for a company that uses 996s for business & have suggested to them they start getting those.

SDavis90

Has anybody tried a 536HP on Metro's system? Mixed reviews on other systems around the country -- wondering if would be better than a 996xt here in Nashville now that the legacy old system is gone.

I can say it comes in quite nicely on my 436HP. Consistently better than my 396.

RoHoo

Premium Subscriber
Antenna for poor reception

I have a RS Pro106, my reception is extremely poor since they shut down the old system. Would a better antenna provide better reception? If so could RR offer any suggestions?

landschootc

Metro P25 system

Metro has shut down the old system. I have spoken with the folks at the radio shop, and they have given me the parameters for the new system. The RR page is accurate and up to date for the Metro P25 system.

I am having trouble using the parameters defined here in decoding the system. I am trying to program on a BCD996xt (with most recent firmware) and also the BC796D with the APCO-P25 card installed (with most recent firmware update). Not having any luck sucessfully tracking

IF I can get a talk group to become active, I only get a moment of the traffic, then the traffic is muted and the scanner moves along. Audio quality is also poor.

If there is anyone in the area that is familiar with these models and may be having the same issues, please give me a shout.

-Craig

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
just came across a new site for the Metro p25 TRS
from unitrunker
CC 851.7375

syid: 44B R 003 S 016

cowand

If there is anyone in the area that is familiar with these models and may be having the same issues, please give me a shout.

-Craig

I'm having the same issues with my 369xt. Fringe areas with the 3600 system were ok, but are completely silent with the new system. Scanner must be in an exact location in my house to receive, or roof top antenna in vehicle.

cowand

just came across a new site for the Metro p25 TRS
from unitrunker
CC 851.7375

syid: 44B R 003 S 016

That's the Goodlettsville Site. They were supposed to do what Mt. Juliet did... they own the site equipment/frequencies, and use metro's zone controller.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Metro has shut down the old system. I have spoken with the folks at the radio shop, and they have given me the parameters for the new system. The RR page is accurate and up to date for the Metro P25 system.

I am having trouble using the parameters defined here in decoding the system. I am trying to program on a BCD996xt (with most recent firmware) and also the BC796D with the APCO-P25 card installed (with most recent firmware update). Not having any luck sucessfully tracking

IF I can get a talk group to become active, I only get a moment of the traffic, then the traffic is muted and the scanner moves along. Audio quality is also poor.

-Craig

Welcome to the joys of P25 LSM Simulcast....

I first suggest reading up on the well documented issues, and possible tricks to make it better in the forums and the wiki. The only current model scanners that are truly successful at proper tracking/decoding of these systems are the new Uniden BCDX36HP's, due to changes in the design of how they work (AMBE instead of IMBE anyone?) Whistler's redesigned version of GRE's PSR-800 and the reworked never released PSR-900 (Unsure of the WS numbering???) also use this technology and should be available soon. Its all about location, antenna (Less is more here), directional antenna if possible, attenuation tricks etc....

Best of luck.

SDavis90

If you can save up the money, the 4/536HP's are worth the money on the new system. My 436HP sounds nice and clear on stock antenna from the Smyrna area. Now there are dead spots here and there due to distance, but does perform well.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Ludyejr

Metro Out or need new scanner?

I lost the ability to pick up MNPD or NFD on my mobile this week. I can manually pick up a channel but it won't single out a transmission from the Scan bank. Did the whole system go Encrypted today? Or did some control channels change? Anyone else having similar issues?
I have the same problem I using radio shack pro106.

mmutk

Control channel rebanded tables

Does the Nashville system use a 3600 "SmartNet" control channel setup or a 9600 ?

Also what are the custom tables I need to program through the Win96 system into my scanner?

I am going to try this table in the next couple of days...

3600 SmartNet:
ChLO ChHI Step Offset Base
440 559 25.000 440 851.025000
000 719 25.000 0 851.012500
720 759 25.000 0 848.000000
815 831 25.000 0 846.625000
958 958 25.000 958 868.975000
961 1022 25.000 0 843.400000

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
It is a completely P25 digital system now...the analog smartnet system has been turned off. No need for custom tables...just program the control channels into your digital scanner and you should be good to go.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As stated before, it is an P25 LSM Simulcast system. You will have issues using any scanner other than the new Uniden BCD436HP or BCD536HP. You may have spots where reception is perfect for complete decode, and other spots where you will barely get any intelligible conversations. There are no "custom tables", or "programming tricks" that will fix the issues with an P25 Simulcast on a scanner. There are attenuation, type of antenna, and luck of the draw as for location for fixes. Again, do please read up on this issue in the wiki, and the hundreds of threads about it on the forums. The best bet as far as the 96 goes is if you have Firmware 1.4, DSP 1.4, and a lot of patience. I know first hand about this issue as I run an 96 here on the Indianapolis system, which also is an P25 LSM Simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.