Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
It has been noted that the shadow is from the U2 - that is why they are thinking it is a two seater U2 training aircraft.
When you used the word pitot - did you mean pilot or the pitot tube ?
It could easily have been the single seater, the shadow shows a hump on the back that I think is for a payload thing and I don't think they have it on a 2 seater, of course they used multiple U-2s, and very of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks...
Joel

U2-Balloon.jpg

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
It could easily have been the single seater, the shadow shows a hump on the back that I think is for a payload thing and I don't think they have it on a 2 seater, of course they used multiple U-2s, and very of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks...
Joel

U2-Balloon.jpg

1677257598372.png
1677257641028.png

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
I was commenting on the u-2s with the hump sensor AND being 2 seaters... I don't think (and I could be wrong) that the the humpty backed sensor isn't employed on two seaters. I assume the humpty sensor one has better sensors (yes I realize the sensor payload is changeable, and usually underneath the wings).

I just found this graphic, apparently the humpty payload pod is (I think "Span /Spur", with Superpod, as the part that is connected to the wings, which is most llikely).

So from the photo of the balloon, does it look like a two seater or one with a span/spur pod. Qeustioning myself now.

Thanks
Joel

u-2-payloads.jpg

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I was commenting on the u-2s with the hump sensor AND being 2 seaters... I don't think (and I could be wrong) that the the humpty backed sensor isn't employed on two seaters. I assume the humpty sensor one has better sensors (yes I realize the sensor payload is changeable, and usually underneath the wings).

I just found this graphic, apparently the humpty payload pod is (I think "Span /Spur", with Superpod, as the part that is connected to the wings, which is most llikely).

So from the photo of the balloon, does it look like a two seater or one with a span/spur pod. Qeustioning myself now.

Thanks
Joel

u-2-payloads.jpg

I would compare these pictures and then look at the balloon image with the aircraft shadow - its either a single seater or two seater but the span - spur is not on top. it sits over the wings not forward of them

1677261356950.png1677261446114.png1677261579002.png

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Was out but around 11 am local BLUE-11,12,13 all departed Dover and RETRO-61 flight of 4 with Dover appch
climbing up from 6k direct Sea Isle.
.BLUE-11 showing now showing rtb towards Nova Scotia for KPSM... Assume the Qatari F-15's? US contract pilots for sure.
That is late start for a Euro Altrav.

Couple BOBBY tankers enroute Mountain Home KMUO from Tyndall AFB KPAM.
BOBBY-61 #62-3529
BOBBY-71 #62-3534

Last edited:

BM82557

Mil Air feed for the PA site

Okay Xfinity (Comcast) reworked some local internet in my neighborhood at home.

So the feed from the PA site can now be reached at

68.81.58.160:5050

It is online and monitoring the Combat Air Patrol frequencies as usual. Just waiting for the Wilmington CAP to start up.

Terry

Thanks for the info and providing your feed!

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
Mil Air feed for the PA site

Okay Xfinity (Comcast) reworked some local internet in my neighborhood at home.

So the feed from the PA site can now be reached at

68.81.58.160:5050

It is online and monitoring the Combat Air Patrol frequencies as usual. Just waiting for the Wilmington CAP to start up.

Terry
Terry, thanks for maintaining the feeds.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Terry, thanks for maintaining the feeds.
Larry

No worries. The PA site has always been active. I use TeamViewer to monitor the activity in the Philadelphia area that is a bit too far for the antennas here at NJ site. Just using ProScan and setting up the WebServer function enables me to share with everyone else.
Once I sell that property in PA....I am just going to need to set something up in PA differently.

Terry

mdmonitor

1505- Plane crash in our area???? Hearing unid helo on Wash Helo (134.35) reporting that there are 4 people standing outside an unid acft and there is no fire or smoke visible. News 1 indicates that all is well on the ground and they are returning to Tipton. Several other news helos also commenting on the acty.

1515- Husker 55 (KC-135 # 63-7991 173rd ARS, NE ANG Lincoln NE) inbound to DOV.

1517- Nighthawk 8 w/Wash Helo reporting they are inbound to Anacostia.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
1505- Plane crash in our area???? Hearing unid helo on Wash Helo (134.35) reporting that there are 4 people standing outside an unid acft and there is no fire or smoke visible. News 1 indicates that all is well on the ground and they are returning to Tipton. Several other news helos also commenting on the acty.

Ron

Was that the one with the flashing light in the cockpit ?

Terry

frank3si

And here is HUSKR55 passing New Castle on approach to DOV...

02242023 HUSKR55 KC135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.