Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

Ron

Was that the one with the flashing light in the cockpit ?

Terry
Terry,

I'm pretty sure. Heard News1 tell Wash Helo that he thought he could nurse his helo back to Tipton. I think another news helo made the initial report and it was News1 that was on the ground. Might have been some sort of oil leak as News1 reported that he still had some oil left so thought he could make it back to Tipton.

mdmonitor

1538- Now looks like Husker 55 might be heading for ADW. Flew at low level through the DOV area and He's at 5,600 over the Chesapeake heading towards ADW. Didn't turn towards ADW but is still heading south. Strange flight path--flew right over Wilmington DE, right over DOV and now passing right over PAX. He passed over all three at low level (5-6,00ft). Once he passed PAX he's started climbing.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
1538- Now looks like Husker 55 might be heading for ADW. Flew at low level through the DOV area and He's at 5,600 over the Chesapeake heading towards ADW. Didn't turn towards ADW but is still heading south. Strange flight path--flew right over Wilmington DE, right over DOV and now passing right over PAX. He passed over all three at low level (5-6,00ft). Once he passed PAX he's started climbing.
Familiarization flight for CAP work possibly or just cruising around

Mark

Premium Subscriber
OT this past week I tried new Avelo Airlines out of KILG. Was good flights both ways to Tampa.
Departed runway 19 at KILG.. Not much room after getting airborne and landing they hit thrust reversers as
soon as wheels touched down.. Was some serious braking that really threw you forward :)
Better than a trip to Philly airport as only about half hour drive for me.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
OT this past week I tried new Avelo Airlines out of KILG. Was good flights both ways to Tampa.
Departed runway 19 at KILG.. Not much room after getting airborne and landing they hit thrust reversers as
soon as wheels touched down.. Was some serious braking that really threw you forward :)

Mark

Just wondering - not much room after getting airborne - you mean seat wise ?

Landing at KILG - they hit the reversers as soon as wheels touched down ?

Terry

frank3si

I'm pretty sure I heard you come in - I was outside wrapping up grill operations on a semi-balmy February evening (though by then the temp was starting to fall quickly)...

NYAirOne

Mil Air feed for the PA site

Okay Xfinity (Comcast) reworked some local internet in my neighborhood at home.

So the feed from the PA site can now be reached at

68.81.58.160:5050

It is online and monitoring the Combat Air Patrol frequencies as usual. Just waiting for the Wilmington CAP to start up.

Terry
Is the port #5050? Doesn't come up for me? Thanks

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark

Just wondering - not much room after getting airborne - you mean seat wise ?

Landing at KILG - they hit the reversers as soon as wheels touched down ?

Terry
Heading South we had older packed 737-700 and perception was wow this plane is taking long time to get off
the ground and when we did in just a few seconds were over Rte 13 but unlike say Runway 27 at KPHL where you get much more
runway before you turn out.. The 7k runway works fine at KILG but just no extra wiggle room :)
Yes the hardest braking I have ever felt on way in but was lightler less loaded new B-738.. Much nicer than the old 737-700
The 738 also had much more seat/leg room..The best part of KILG is no conga departure line. Taxi out and go!

RCH-873 C-17 #00-0183 Charlotte NC ANG inbound Andrews with 36 patients on 378.100
The regular Friday evening Ramstein patient plane.

1805 local HMX A/A 273.950 push 124.550.(Balt Potomac Appch) Westbound?
1810 local Getting HMX-1 A/A flight of two 143.825..

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Heading South we had older packed 737-700 and perception was wow this plane is taking long time to get off
the ground and when we did in just a few seconds were over Rte 13 but unlike say Runway 27 at KPHL where you get much more
runway before you turn out.. The 7k runway works fine at KILG but just no extra wiggle room :)
Yes the hardest braking I have ever felt on way in but was lightler less loaded new B-738.. Much nicer than the old 737-700
The 738 also had much more seat/leg room..The best part of KILG is no conga departure line. Taxi out and go!

RCH-873 C-17 #00-0183 Charlotte NC ANG inbound Andrews with 36 patients on 378.100
The regular Friday evening Ramstein patient plane.

1805 local HMX A/A 273.950 push 124.550.(Balt Potomac Appch) Westbound?
1810 local Getting HMX-1 A/A flight of two 143.825..
Yeah that is a lot of runway for a 737-700 - guess they are getting a lot of business for now.
The 737-800 probably has carbon brakes versus the steel ones on the -700 so that combined with more powerful engines will stop you faster

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that is a lot of runway for a 737-700 - guess they are getting a lot of business for now.
The 737-800 probably has carbon brakes versus the steel ones on the -700 so that combined with more powerful engines will stop you faster
Rgr even after he was turning off the reverse thrusters he gave the brakes a pump and you could really feel that :)

Hopefully F-35's start delivering again..

Last edited:

Hbright

Status
Not open for further replies.