Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
AF-1 landing NAS North Island in San Diego... chase vehicles hot on her tail.. :)
Carrier CV-70 USS Carl Vinson in background and lots of Navy choppers.
Nice tactical positioning of the Beasts to prevent knowing which one he got in. Someone must know where the cameras are located. :cool:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Tuesday, March 14, the President will travel to Las Vegas, Nevada, arriving at Harry Reid International Airport McCarren Warehouse, Las Vegas, NV. He stays overnight, political event Tuesday night, speech at UNLV Wednesday.

PDT
11:00 AM THE PRESIDENT departs North Island Naval Air Station, San Diego, California en route to Los Angeles, California
11:40 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, California
11:50 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Los Angeles, California en route to El Monte, California
12:05 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in El Monte, California, San Gabriel Valley Airport Landing Zone, El Monte, California
4:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs El Monte, California en route to Los Angeles, California
4:35 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Los Angeles, California en route to Las Vegas, Nevada
5:40 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada

Tank67

Premium Subscriber

Send all of the Boeing 707 derivatives into the Sun already!

In all seriousness its about time they are starting to modernize. Especially things other than fighter aircraft like what they're doing with the E-3 (granted a lot of the fighter aircraft are pretty old)

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Send all of the Boeing 707 derivatives into the Sun already!

In all seriousness its about time they are starting to modernize. Especially things other than fighter aircraft like what they're doing with the E-3 (granted a lot of the fighter aircraft are pretty old)
Agreed, once the replacement is available, it's too easy for vaporware to exist in defense budgets, especially for high demand low density items.

Best (but not perfect) example is how we still have U-2s that "they" wanted to get rid of so they could use satellites and high endurance drones as replacements.

Thanks
Joel

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Agreed, once the replacement is available, it's too easy for vaporware to exist in defense budgets, especially for high demand low density items.

Best (but not perfect) example is how we still have U-2s that "they" wanted to get rid of so they could use satellites and high endurance drones as replacements.

Thanks
Joel
3rd that motion.. Those B-707 types require way too much fuel and manpower or should I say person power.
US Army already has private civ type CL-60 jets doing great snooping and US Navy has P-8A types while USAF short on manpower has to crew 18 people to get a 707 type snoop plane working.USAF taking way to long to get the E-7 type in service..
I like the old E-3 and E-8C types but it is time to move on.

Last edited:

frank3si

Looks like Monday in San Diego.. "You know back when I was young I used to work with Submariners when they came up and down the Delaware river" .. LOL
Just getting caught up after a few days visiting family in upstate NY (and getting out just ahead of the weather State of Emergency) - saw the above and had to post this, which actually is a nuclear submarine on the Delaware River at New Castle. I shot this just under a year ago, lol...

USS Delaware 1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.