Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
For those who have an interest in helos --

Interesting but these days not sure I will be around in the early 2030's when this starts..
Get tired of all these deep future Mil articles for big attention.. Reminds me of all those Popular Mechanic magazines back in the day
and how much they got wrong.. LOL Still waiting on my flying car.
Will stick with the current and next few years instead :)

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
2141 - ENERGY-17 (N2317 - 2019 Beech 300 Super King Air) patterns. landing ADW (tower 118.4)

Reg'd to
National Nuclear Security Administration
Nevada Field Office Dept Of Energ
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

then pilot switch to:

2152 - ENERGY-12 (N412DE - 1992 Bell 412) U S DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, NEVADA SITE OFFICER

ENERGY-17-ADW.png

Last edited:

mdmonitor

A little history on the Energy acft from my notes.

When the Dep't of Energy started operating out of ADW they were assigned to the Washington Aeronautic Meteorological Office (WAMO). They used the callsign WAMO ##

About 10 years ago they switched to the Energy ## callsign and were assigned to the NATIONAL NUCLEAR SECURITY ADMINISTRATION under the Dep't of Energy.

Their original mission, and I believe still is, to overfly nuclear power plants & other nuclear installations and monitor & measure for any radiation leakage.

According to my records the Dep't of Energy control some 18 acft of various types.

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
1210- Hearing 4 ftrs w/acft ops checks working on 251.2. I have that freq as WRI CP (Torch Control). One of the acft has some issues and lead acft is watching him closely. Flt lead gives time over LAAK and then direct Vine(??)
Heard that too Ron...couldn't ID them.
1300- A 3rd C17 out of JFK heading south. VINYL 71, don't usually see three C-17s for POTUS equip.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1210- Hearing 4 ftrs w/acft ops checks working on 251.2. I have that freq as WRI CP (Torch Control). One of the acft has some issues and lead acft is watching him closely. Flt lead gives time over LAAK and then direct Vine(??)
Rgr Ron got them on tape was wondering what freq they were using..Flight of 4.
One said I have two engines and the radio but hydraulics are gone... Then he said I accidently hit a toggle switch so all is well.
12:25 local next waypoint LAAYK at 17:46z then direct Barnes. One sounded like TABOR-1 or CABLE-1 ..LOL
LAAYK waypoint | OpenNav Must have been cutting across Pa SW to Northeast.. Didn't sound like the Barnes guys.. Visitors?

1313 local Coast Guard 2008 inbound Andrews on 378.100 in the blind landing there.
Don;t get too many HC-130J's into Andrews.

Last edited:

Tank67

Premium Subscriber
1300- A 3rd C17 out of JFK heading south. VINYL 71, don't usually see three C-17s for POTUS equip.
I think they had to bring double the motorcade equipment. They had to use the vehicles up in Westchester, and again in NYC when they flew him down 15 minutes after. They wouldn't of had time to relocate the vehicles/equipment.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Bet you would be busy with radio scanners in Tyndall Fl area this week.
Scanner searching UHF would be crazy not to mention Eglin and Pensacola not far away.
In all these years never really saw someone from down that way logging milair and posting..

AR-660 Res for the day.. Interacting Schedules

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Going to link this here and see if anyone has any more info on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.