Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where C-17 #03-3123 is based? He's on the ground at KMRB this morning but with no callsign on ABSB Exchange.

While I'm at it, does anyone know the meaning of a symbol on ADSB Exchange showing what could be a transmitting vertical antenna that has been over Paris at least for a couple of weeks and is now duplicated over southern North Carolina? I haven't found a legend.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where C-17 #03-3123 is based? He's on the ground at KMRB this morning but with no callsign on ABSB Exchange.

While I'm at it, does anyone know the meaning of a symbol on ADSB Exchange showing what could be a transmitting vertical antenna that has been over Paris at least for a couple of weeks and is now duplicated over southern North Carolina? I haven't found a legend.
Have #03-3123 as 167 AW WV ANG.. Just came back from Boeing last week after 5 month overhaul as BOE-13
Kind of strange as was delivered once then turned right around and went back to Texas.. Guess it is back.
BOE13 Boeing Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
One of the two C-17s that left KMRB for Europe on Friday is now over the English Channel pointed homeward as REACH-578. No sign of the second one.

Thanks, Mark, for the info on that MRB C-17 returning from Boeing. The more the merrier! That makes seven, unless Boeing has grabbed another one from the ramp. I'm told that the ANG has eight of them assigned to 167th, so Number 8 may still be off at Boeing. Haven't seen more than six at KMRB for months.

M

mdhallan

Thought is that RCH792 dragged the Md. A10s as it went into Westover yesterday. Thoughts is that they are finishing the mission. I'm home so just turned on ZNY to hear. They just passed West Chester at FL 360 so should be able to hear them from here. They would be on Sector 9 134.325/232.3
792 couldn’t have, it’s altitude was too high

paradiver

Thought is that RCH792 dragged the Md. A10s as it went into Westover yesterday. Thoughts is that they are finishing the mission. I'm home so just turned on ZNY to hear. They just passed West Chester at FL 360 so should be able to hear them from here. They would be on Sector 9 134.325/232.3
Well I guess not since my house is not shaking from breakovers.

M

mdhallan

BLUE 81/82 picked up RETRO 31/32, two new F-35s inbound RAF Lakenheath.

Anyone know of A-10s going to Davis-Monthan AFB today ??

There is a KC-135 holding over JST to pick them up .....
Weird, I wonder who’s going to be dragging MD Ang

paradiver

paradiver

From @danconnor1985

FzW1yfVXgAEiuqK

According to Saint1 Military Aircraft Videos aircraft 86-0105 and 86-0103 visited Lulea (ESPA), Norrbotten, Sweden on 6/19. but returned to RAF Fairford (EGVA).

Fxcr8KJXgAMOxGY

Looks like the B1s (SPICY11/12) are up. I have not heard them on Shannon, but I could be coming to the party late. I don't have HF access.

1687791492750.png

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The Maryland A-10's shouldn't need any tankers to get back here from Gander.

This afternoon 2030z-2130z there is westbound Res up on AR-20SW.. FL190-F230.
Possibly for the Dyess birds.. Couple FLAM tankers will likely meet them.
Awfully hot down there in Dyess Texas.. Forecast is 105 F today.

Last edited:
M

mdhallan

The Maryland A-10's shouldn't need any tankers to get back here from Gander.

This afternoon 2030z-2130z there is westbound Res up on AR-20SW.. FL190-F230.
Possibly for the Dyess birds.. Couple FLAM tankers will likely meet them.
Awfully hot down there in Texas.. Forecast is 105 F today.
Isn’t it a bit far from gander to Martin state?

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
Awfully hot down there in Texas.. Forecast is 105 F today.
[/QUOTE]

I suspect a lot of pilots and dispatchers have been revisiting what their instructors taught them about density altitude.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Isn’t it a bit far from gander to Martin state?
About 1200 miles but remember they have their travel ER gas tank underneath them.. Should be no problem.

Yeah N4TX in years past the Dover C-5's in past heat waves always waited till night time to depart overseas loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.