Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Interesting tweet I wanted to share about 255.4

Interesting. I have military planes come up here to VR-840 quite a bit and they always work Bangor radio on 255.4 before entering the route explaining their points, altitude, and speed. (for example - "Bangor radio, SLAM 11 flight of two F15s entering VR-840 from point Alpha to India. 500 feet, 500 knots"). I've heard it as recently as last week. Guess I need to keep an ear out on this and see if 255.4 stops here as well.

paradiver

From @danconnor1985

FzW1yfVXgAEiuqK

According to Saint1 Military Aircraft Videos aircraft 86-0105 and 86-0103 visited Lulea (ESPA), Norrbotten, Sweden on 6/19. but returned to RAF Fairford (EGVA).

Fxcr8KJXgAMOxGY

paradiver

Blues flt of 7 on ZNY 270.3 @1810L; a/a 284.25.

Looks like Fat Albert is taking the scenic route -- due to storms.

Looks like Backy32 is the Blues ride home:

Then again I wonder if DECEE92 is that ride

paradiver

Looks like Fat Albert is taking the scenic route -- due to storms.

Looks like Backy32 is the Blues ride home:

Then again I wonder if DECEE92 is that ride
Looks like DECEE wasn't their ride

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
FAA equipment issues/fire.
The ground stop impacts Reagan National Airport (DCA), Dulles International Airport (IAD), Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) and Richmond International Airport (RIC). This prevents takeoffs and landings, so inbound flights have been diverted, a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority says.

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
WashPost reports flights into and out of Washington-area airports have been “paused” because of problems with comms systems at the TRACON. This comes while I am programming TRACON freqs into my scanner. Guess the testing of my efforts should wait a bit….

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Week ahead guidance for POTUS...

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

The President will travel to Chevy Chase, Maryland.

Wednesday, June 28, 2023
The President will travel to Chicago, Illinois.

Thursday, June 29, 2023
The President will travel to New York, New York.

Friday, June 30, 2023
The President will travel to Camp David, where he will remain over the weekend.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WashPost reports flights into and out of Washington-area airports have been “paused” because of problems with comms systems at the TRACON. This comes while I am programming TRACON freqs into my scanner. Guess the testing of my efforts should wait a bit….

WOW. I guess the Fox News and FAA tweet I posted above were right, thanks for confirming.

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
WTOP reports: The ground stop had initially impacted all incoming flights, with the exception of those coming in from New York. The FAA later tweeted that flights inbound to the D.C. region from the West Coast, Midwest and Florida had resumed as normal.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Busy Sunday with pop up humid storms not helping..

Seems like more people in the air than on the ground this Sunday.
Hope they ask new Airline pilots. "Do you like working weekends"? Well you better like it :)
1687736216465.png

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, this thread is for milair reports from the mid-Atlantic.

Donald Trump is no longer the U.S. President. Donald Trump doesn't fly on Air Force 1. To the best of my knowledge, Donald Trump does not fly on military aircraft. Posting reports of his private airplane is off topic for this thread.

N4TX

Premium Subscriber
WashPost:
Departures from both National and Dulles were subjected to a ground stop, according to Crystal Nosal, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, which operates both airports. Flights from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Richmond International Airport also were affected, officials said.

The FAA said it had switched to a backup facility, and at 7:11 p.m. a spokeswoman said in an email that departures to airports in the Washington area, as well as BWI and Richmond, had resumed.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Folks, this thread is for milair reports from the mid-Atlantic.

Donald Trump is no longer the U.S. President. Donald Trump doesn't fly on Air Force 1. To the best of my knowledge, Donald Trump does not fly on military aircraft. Posting reports of his private airplane is off topic for this thread.

He is a former President and worthy of mention additionally he is protected by the USSS which is a government organization and he gets VIP TFRs issued for his appearances. As mentions of his flights continue to get likes by established members who regularly post in this thread, and not complaints, I don't see the issue. Looking through the thread we can make that argument about many posts, including the FAA outages earlier this evening as they weren't about military, but you aren't mentioning them. While I respect your opinion and position as super moderator @AK9R these types of posts have been posted ever since he left office, and non-military posts are a regular occurrence in this thread.

I'm sure if the regular thread members have an issue with information being posted they will, as they have in the past, address it with the person posting. The overwhelming majority in this thread are respectful and continue to follow the intent of the threads title.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Look at the Week Ahead for the Vice President...

On Monday, June 26, the Vice President will travel to New York, NY to deliver remarks at a campaign reception.
At 2:30 pm ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to New York, NY.
At 3:25 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at LaGuardia International Airport.
At 8:40 pm ET, the Vice President will depart from New York, NY en route to Washington, DC.
At 9:40 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.

On Thursday, June 29, the Vice President will travel to New Orleans, LA where she remains overnight.

On Friday, June 30, the Vice President will travel to Los Angeles, CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.