Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetWash

1240AM local: a pair of COSMIC NJ ANG F16s doing intercept practice with a pair of Civil Air Patrol Cessna 182s. BLACKJACK1 also playing. They've been at it for about 45 minutes. Simulated GUARD on 126.2, HUNTRESS on 260.9. Also on 350.25. ADSB shows the Cessnas both launched from Davison army air field about 1130 PM. Nothing on NORAD's website about an exercise.

Last edited:

GriffissSpotter

I’m a little late checking on for the morning VT flights. Sounds like the LiveATC feed for ZBW UCA09/ART08 is a little screwed up, can’t hear the controller.
0933 - BISON 51 with ZBW, holding south of the Viper airspace (in the Lightning 4 ATCAA), waiting until RIPPER and SHINER flights of VT F-35s are ready for AR and then will proceed into the airspace.
0935 - RIPPER flight declared MARSA with SHINER and possibly another flight, couldn’t hear it very well, although I’m pretty sure it was just BISON
0938 - Now hearing the controller sporadically

*Note* - RIPPER is a new VTANG callsign for me

Mark

Premium Subscriber
McGuire VHF CP Out of service..That 134.100 carries so much better.

A) KWRI
B) 2307070024
C) 2307102359
E) COMMAND POST VHF FREQUENCY OTS. CONTACT CP VIA UHF 237.15 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Couple of Patrick AFB HC-130J's 920RQW coming South after Quebec Intl Airport CYQB stop.
KING-39,40. Returning from Middle East after TDY there since March.

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
RCH829 Dropped into CYUL early this morning from Ramstein. Looks like a fuel stop. Not my picture:
A couple of nights ago the same aircraft with the same flight number RCH829 made a pit stop in YOW in the middle of the night enroute between McCord and Ramstein. Odd places to stop for a pit stop. I'm guessing it has something to do with the runway work they are doing in Bangor ?

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
A couple of nights ago the same aircraft with the same flight number RCH829 made a pit stop in YOW in the middle of the night enroute between McCord and Ramstein. Odd places to stop for a pit stop. I'm guessing it has something to do with the runway work they are doing in Bangor ?
Seeing info on FB that both Pease and Bangor are "closed" YQB saw some USAF traffic yesterday too.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Seeing info on FB that both Pease and Bangor are "closed" YQB saw some USAF traffic yesterday too.
Both airports are open for lighter aircraft but yes heavy Mil is curtailed.. If construction was like Dover's a few years
ago they would do half a 10k runway and leave the other half open for light types then swap around for the other half.
Yeah was odd seeing those two HC-130J's out of CYQB this morning headed home.

BOE-22 C-17 #07-7177 enroute from KWRB to Dover..fresh quickie overhaul.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
AF1 departure from ADW to Dover 09-0015
Some rain down the beach areas now,maybe move off to East soon.
NOBLE-11,12 are up doing topoffs with tanker WIDE-12 on 231.625. NOBLE11 may have fuel leak problem but will see.
If they don't like the rain could always motorcade on down.There is a DSP Chopper enroute North now towards Dover.
Southbound beach traffic is crazy this time of day... Motorcade gonna mess traffic up..
All the Deldot traffic cams on rte1 South of Dover are unavailable... Motorcade time.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If they don't like the rain could always motorcade on down.There is a DSP Chopper enroute North now towards Dover.
Southbound beach traffic is crazy this time of day... Motorcade gonna mess traffic up..
All the Deldot traffic cams on rte1 South of Dover are unavailable... Motorcade time.

Bad weather call, let's mess up weekend beach traffic with motorcade, on the way now. 09-0015 departed Dover for ADW, expect AF1 to depart ADW to Dover and pickup POTUS for departure to the UK on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.