Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

Looks like it departed Pease and now inbound Harrisburg.. Nice catch.
Also shows as a AC-130J type..Ghost Rider :)
17-5872 | Lockheed Martin AC-130J Ghostrider | United States - US Air Force (USAF) | Santiago Blánquez | JetPhotos

Looks like one of the Hurlburt Field Specials as came up from there a week ago.
Mark

Looks like he came down from Pease and I doing patterns at Harrisburg.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
1507z I'm hearing unidentified A-A comms on 273.85 sounds like two players. I have this freq as an AMC Nationwide A-A freq but it sure doesn't sound like tankers or transports. Comms are weak but readable as they may be low level or on the fringes of my reception area. Any ideas who may use this freq please feel free to help me ID them. Had some hits on UHF ZBW but of coarse it was on a scanner I wasn't recording at the time!
This MAY be one of the players I heard. After listening to the recording, I did make out a few sentences. One of them said, "if we stay above that line going to our north from SCUPP to our holding pattern". They also mentioned something about Hampton. So, looking at this C130 I just found on ADSBx, I bet he is one of the guys I heard and the areas they talked about fit. Their lower level isn't helping my reception very much!

Here's what Scramble has on this guy:
SerialCodeTypeCNUnitStatusFirstLastCommentPrevious ID
162308407KC-130T382-4972VX-30ActiveFeb 2021Feb 2021

also... I looked into my database some more and realized 273.85 I had confirmed as VFA-211 at Oceana in 2021 from the Checkmates flying F-18E using the callsign NIKEL. Sooooooooo..... it might have been NAVY BH400 was working with this guy off the coast? Just a WAG!

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
This MAY be one of the players I heard. After listening to the recording, I did make out a few sentences. One of them said, "if we stay above that line going to our north from SCUPP to our holding pattern". They also mentioned something about Hampton. So, looking at this C130 I just found on ADSBx, I bet he is one of the guys I heard and the areas they talked about fit. Their lower level isn't helping my reception very much!

Here's what Scramble has on this guy:
SerialCodeTypeCNUnitStatusFirstLastCommentPrevious ID
162308407KC-130T382-4972VX-30ActiveFeb 2021Feb 2021

also... I looked into my database some more and realized 273.85 I had confirmed as VFA-211 at Oceana in 2021 from the Checkmates flying F-18E using the callsign NIKEL. Sooooooooo..... it might have been NAVY BH400 was working with this guy off the coast? Just a WAG!
I heard NIKLE-1 last week down off the Va Cape.. Said callsign a couple times.
Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023
1406 local 273.850 with same guys from this morning coms.

paradiver

On Sunday, the President will depart Rehoboth Beach, Delaware en route to London, United Kingdom.

9:30 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Rehoboth Beach, Delaware en route to Dover Air Force Base, Dover, Delaware
10:00 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Dover Air Force Base, Dover, Delaware en route to Stansted, United Kingdom

UTC

10:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Stansted Airport, Stansted, United Kingdom en route to Winfield House Landing Zone, London, UK
10:35 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at Winfield House Landing Zone, London, UK
Looks like POTUS has alot of toys spread out all over the place.

RCH253 up from Vilnius

RCH3226 out of Helsinki

Plus with the toys at the beach, can we remember where they all are?

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
A couple of nights ago the same aircraft with the same flight number RCH829 made a pit stop in YOW in the middle of the night enroute between McCord and Ramstein. Odd places to stop for a pit stop. I'm guessing it has something to do with the runway work they are doing in Bangor ?
Seeing a post indicating that RCH829 dropped off some pax at YUL that morning.

paradiver

A little bit away from the Mid-Atlantic but of great aviation interest.

One of the worlds last Avro Lancaster PA474 is up over England taking a lap with the Red Arrows near. Looking like they are part of the spectacle for the F1 race at Silverstone.

paradiver

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Noble's chatting A/A on 228.800 saying AF-1 is taxiing now..
NOBLE's chatting about wx North of Charlotte. Req rtb Shaw on ZDC 293.225
NOBLE-11 flight back over to ZDC 354.150 mention waypoint TAPPA push ZDC 360.700
SAM-362 #99-0003 inbound Alaska from Japan with Treas Sec Bow-Bow.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

A little bit away from the Mid-Atlantic but of great aviation interest.

One of the worlds last Avro Lancaster PA474 is up over England taking a lap with the Red Arrows near. Looking like they are part of the spectacle for the F1 race at Silverstone.

I just love those WWII warbirds. P-51 Mustang and F4U Corsair are my favorites. One of my uncles flew Corsairs in WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.