Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Checking Acars this morn and a C-17 RCH-046 going from Tacoma to PASY airport.
Had to look that one up as is Eareckson Air Station on Shemya in the Aleutian Islands.
Has 10k runway and a radar station. Eareckson Air Station - Wikipedia "Want to get away"? Lol.

RQ-4 working offshore Va Cape area this morning VVPE-307 at 46k working on GK 238.100

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
RCAF and civilian a/c are handling a serious brush/forest fire within 10 miles of the city of Yellowknife in northern Canada. Entire city's population has been advised to evacuate by noon tomorrow. Two roads connect this far-northern city with the outside world and both appear to be open so far. I don't think there is ADSB coverage up there but Flightradar 24 shows an Air North 737 going in as I type this.

Hbright

South Korea’s President Yoon Suk Yeol and Japan’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida will meet President Biden at Camp David on Friday. Not sure which airport they’ll use. Don’t assume it will be Andrews. For events like this, Dulles sometimes comes into play. Rwy 1L/19R is easy to devote to the VIP aircraft without disrupting normal ops on the other three runways.
KAF001 and JF001 and 02 are enroute to ADW, it appears.

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
RCAF and civilian a/c are handling a serious brush/forest fire within 10 miles of the city of Yellowknife in northern Canada. Entire city's population has been advised to evacuate by noon tomorrow. Two roads connect this far-northern city with the outside world and both appear to be open so far. I don't think there is ADSB coverage up there but Flightradar 24 shows an Air North 737 going in as I type this.
I think they sent a C17 over last night

Attachments

• CFC-C17.JPG
    CFC-C17.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 2

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1405 local hear Thunderbird-1 flight fl-240 departing A/C ZNY 323.300 3 miles in trail non-standard front to back.
THBRD01 Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

CAP up? hear weak coms on A/R 231.625.Maybe setting up for Camp CAP?

Nice Frank on that DC-8. That was first long commercial airliner I ever took back in 1981 a United DC-8 flight
from PHL to Denver. Smoking and drinking in the back and large group up front folks who were on their way to Vegas
were really having a good time That was a fun time to fly cross country as compared to today..

Last edited:

frank3si

1405 local hear Thunderbird-1 flight fl-240 departing A/C ZNY 323.300 3 miles in trail non-standard front to back.
THBRD01 Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

CAP up? hear weak coms on A/R 231.625.Maybe setting up for Camp CAP?

Nice Frank on that DC-8. That was first long commercial airliner I ever took back in 1981 a United DC-8 flight
from PHL to Denver. Smoking and drinking in the back and large group up front folks who were on their way to Vegas
were really having a good time That was a fun time to fly cross country as compared to today..

Well, it's thanks to your post early yesterday morning that I was able to change plans and go shoot this DC-8. I was wrapped up in air show plans and forgot to check if the NASA flight was going to be around - so thank you! :) This phase of the program is scheduled to end tomorrow.

frank3si

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
So with the President at Camp David this weekend and I’m in Jefferson Maryland would it be a best bet to just park my scanner on 260.9000 to hear the gist of things ? I’m sure there’s others but it seems like this one is the main one or do I have it wrong ? Thank you

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So with the President at Camp David this weekend and I’m in Jefferson Maryland would it be a best bet to just park my scanner on 260.9000 to hear the gist of things ? I’m sure there’s others but it seems like this one is the main one or do I have it wrong ? Thank you

Did you read the post a few up from your's? Post #7276

Status
Not open for further replies.