Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Now there are two C-5M's at KADW awaiting trip.. Prob go later tonight.
RCH-4155 C-5M #87-0045 arrived last night from Dover
RCH-4132 C-5M #86-0020 also did earlier.. Lot of gear/vehicles just with those two birds.
Maybe they are taking ambulances and couple foam firetrucks as well seeing where they are going.
RCH-4132 departing ADW for PGUA Andersen AFB Westbound.. Good long hike.
Maybe the C-5's are for the Vietnam portion of the trip.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
TRIP GUIDANCE FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2023 – MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2023

EDT

5:05 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to Ramstein, Germany

Friday, September 8, 2023
The President will arrive in Ramstein, Germany for a brief refueling stop.
The President will depart Ramstein, Germany en route to New Delhi, India.
The President will arrive in New Delhi, India.

Sunday, September 10, 2023
The President will travel from New Delhi, India to Hanoi, Vietnam.

Monday, September 11, 2023
The President will travel from Hanoi, Vietnam en route to Anchorage, Alaska.
The President will travel from Anchorage, Alaska to Washington, DC.
The President will arrive in Washington, DC.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The Vice President’s “Fight for Our Freedoms College Tour” includes the following stops:
  • Hampton University in Hampton, VA on 9/14
  • North Carolina A&T in Greensboro, NC on 9/15
  • Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA on 9/26
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison in Madison, WI
  • College of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
  • Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ
  • Additional campus visits will be announced in the coming days.

JetWash

A couple of NOTAMs posted yesterday and today caught my eye.

For KGSB Seymour Johnson (in case they pull CAP duty) "COMMAND POST FREQ 321.0 UNMONITORED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE". It's showing an effective date until October 30 at 1100L.

For KMDT Harrisburg: "COM REMOTE TRANS/REC 348.6 U/S [UnServiceable] 1000L to 1100L today. It does not appear in the RRBD for KMDT in the Pennsylvania/Dauphin County listing. In fact, there are no UHF ATC entries for KMDT.

For ZNY: "COM STATE COLLEGE REMOTE COM 118.55" [not stated but presumably out of service] September 12 at 12 midnight local until 11AM local. Also not in the RRDB.

Hbright

1313E: Foreigners landing at ADW? Two thick accents now on 118.4. C/s is [Unintelligible] 0601.
1316E: Now two TIS-Bs. The other c/s is [Unintelligible] 0603.

Update: apparently It's the Italians. ADSB briefly showed a IAM0602, so I assume it's a flight of three (at least).
1054E: The flight of 3 Tornados, dragged by their 767 tanker, off ADW continuing west.

JetWash

The RRDB is really good but I've noticed that it misses a few items, including RCAGs. No doubt it's a simple matter of RR members not yet noticing and posting changes. The FAA used to publish a book (Remember those things? They were paper.) which listed the freqs for all of the airports and RCAGs. It was updated several times a year and I always bought the updates. But we're talking more than ten years ago. It would be logical for the FAA not to care about listing RCAGs now, since anyone who flies into their airspace would be given the freq by the controller he was leaving. I, on the other hand, have actually walked along ridges to see them.
Various parts of the FAA website do list freqs for RCAGs and more. They post a 35,000-line comma-delimited file of FSS, RCAG, tower, appoach, departure...actually everything air traffic control-related nationwide...that is easily recognized as a text version of a spreadsheet. It's called FRQ_CSV.ZIP; the newest version should be posted tomorrow.

I don't intend to insult the RRDB at all by pointing out things that are not included there. I search thru the FAA website on their 56-day interval for updates (there's another interval for other updates that slips my mind at the moment but I've set reminders in my calendar to download them). There's great value in the RRDB only including info that's verified by listening. I just think that FAA info is at least a narrowed pointer for where to confirm rather than you/we/I all having to search the entire spectrum and hoping to stumble upon a freq that's active for only a second or two at a time.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

1105- Drago 51 working Potomac (270.275)

115- Drago 61 working Potomac (119.7). Ident as a 2-ship formation. Looks like Drago 61 is flt of two P-8s out of NAS JAX orbiting at 2,600ft, just south of Naval Academy at 2,600ft. Hearing some chat on 306.0 which I have a P-8 A2A, so probably Drago 61 flt. At 1135 Drago 61 flt overflying US Naval Academy at 1,300ft. Working Potomac (119.7) getting clearance back to NAS JAX.

Last edited:

john8436

A couple of NOTAMs posted yesterday and today caught my eye.

For KGSB Seymour Johnson (in case they pull CAP duty) "COMMAND POST FREQ 321.0 UNMONITORED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE". It's showing an effective date until October 30 at 1100L.

For KMDT Harrisburg: "COM REMOTE TRANS/REC 348.6 U/S [UnServiceable] 1000L to 1100L today. It does not appear in the RRBD for KMDT in the Pennsylvania/Dauphin County listing. In fact, there are no UHF ATC entries for KMDT.

For ZNY: "COM STATE COLLEGE REMOTE COM 118.55" [not stated but presumably out of service] September 12 at 12 midnight local until 11AM local. Also not in the RRDB.
I have 348.6 as KMDT as ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.