Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Action today with the 104th FW from Barnes Mass. and "Heckler" (Norad ATC) in W-105

Thanks again for posting the W105 Comms. What software/radio are you using again to record and display it like that ?

SLAM 1-2, DEMON 1-2-3-4, KILLER 1-2 flights

Sounds like they were using 283.800 for Blue Air and initially 279.500 for Red Air. There was some reception issue with 279.500 so they switched to using 267.800 for Red Air, which didn't seem to be in the scanner.

These 3 would be NORAD frequencies I presume ? I've heard 267.800 used by the SYR MQ-9s up north (GRIMM/OSWEGO ATCAAs). Anyone have an updated list of NORAD frequencies ? The latest info I have is from this 2016 Mil Comm Monitoring Post. The 3 frequencies above are not listed. So would they be NORAD frequencies but not classified as "Air Defence" frequencies ?

I was able to confirm 3 of the Barnes 104FW F-15 A-A frequencies with their corresponding button numbers.

B3 = 259.900
B4 = 264.850
B5 = 259.000

These are the only 3 I've ever heard, but there seems to be at least one more in use. B6 was mentioned but I didn't notice a corresponding frequency.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Thanks again for posting the W105 Comms. What software/radio are you using again to record and display it like that ?

Sounds like they were using 283.800 for Blue Air and initially 279.500 for Red Air. There was some reception issue with 279.500 so they switched to using 267.800 for Red Air, which didn't seem to be in the scanner.

These 3 would be NORAD frequencies I presume ? I've heard 267.800 used by the SYR MQ-9s up north (GRIMM/OSWEGO ATCAAs). Anyone have an updated list of NORAD frequencies ? The latest info I have is from this 2016 Mil Comm Monitoring Post. The 3 frequencies above are not listed. So would they be NORAD frequencies but not classified as "Air Defence" frequencies ?

I was able to confirm 3 of the Barnes 104FW F-15 A-A frequencies with their corresponding button numbers.

B3 = 259.900
B4 = 264.850
B5 = 259.000

These are the only 3 I've ever heard, but there seems to be at least one more in use. B6 was mentioned but I didn't notice a corresponding frequency.
Yes, glad you enjoyed the audio / video.
I use "Scanrecorder Pro" (obsolete) to record the audio and log the frequency, channel name, time, modulation, PL tone or NAC and signal strength live from the BCD396XT.

sr.jpg

Then I play it back on the Scanrecorder Pro player. While it is playing back, I use a screen recorder "Leawo Screen recorder" to record the video you see.
Yeah I have that 267.8 freq in my "main" scanlist which consists of hundreds of freqs. What I try to do is have separate scanlists for "dogfights" that contain the most commonly used freqs to limit the scan time, therefore getting 99% of the comms. I added that freq to my Barnes Dogfight scanlist now in case they use it again when Heckler joins the party. They used to use "Footrope" as the callsign years ago, then simply "Huntress". Now it is Heckler.
Bob

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Unconfirmed earthquake or seismic-like event: 13 mi west of Atlantic City, Atlantic County, New Jersey, USA, Thursday, Jan 26, 2023 at 11:09 am (GMT -5) - 56 minutes ago

Salty Dog 222 was working in the test track on 320.450 at the time...so probably the source of the event. Or it could have been the 4 D size batteries I dropped on my office floor. They did shake the floor - make the dogs bark....so perhaps the people reporting the event have better hearing and sensitivity then me.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
15:30 EST VVJA336 transiting through KPHL airspace at about 1150 feet headed towards KILG at the moment. Full ADS-B Transponder code 1200

Maybe headed to Pax River - departed from Stewart Air NG Base NY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.