Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WEEK AHEAD 12/4 - 12/10

On Tuesday, the President will travel to the Greater Boston area of Massachusetts.
On Wednesday, the President will deliver remarks at the White House Tribal Nations Summit, hosted at the Department of the Interior.
On Sunday, the President and the First Lady will travel to Wilmington, Delaware.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
CLEAN-51 KC-10 #86-0027 coming West from Spain over Halifax.
Assume first wave of Tulsa F-16's.. Prob not headed this way and will loop down along Lake Erie.

1157 local CLEAN-63 off Pease headed North.
Coming from Spain, I didn't expect to come home and find out they came through Nova Scotia then down through Maine. Not the usual route but I'm glad they did! UNFORTUNATELY...I was at work and only have recordings of refueling. No fighter A-A comms. If I were home, I could have possibly found the A-As as they were very close to passing over my house! Oh well. Here's what I had:

1656z 242.300 CLEAN 51, 63 and TABOR 11-16 (1st cell) on boom freq over Maine. These comms included comms from the tankers coordinating a meet up between Bangor (KBGR) and Kennebunk (ENE) while 51 was still refueling. When finished, the fighters joined up off the wings of 63 and 51 peeled off the formation. 63 carried on for the next refuel scheduled in 30+ minutes.
1701z 303.000 CLEAN 53, 63 A-A comms, 63 explained they were delayed getting off the ground.
1723z 291.900 CLEAN 51 calling CLEAN 61 for radio check.
1729z 391.000 CLEAN 53, 61 A-A comms, CLEAN 53 explains to 61 he will join the flight between Bangor and Kennebunk.
1734z 297.750 CLEAN 61 and TABOR 21-26 (2nd cell) on boom freq. Finished AR, 61 tells TABORs to change to CONUS boom freq of 391.000
1739z 394.600 CLEAN 63 and TABOR 11-16 (1st cell) switched over from 242.300 to CONUS boom freq for next AR.
1747z 391.000 CLEAN 53, 61 Coordinating next AR and tanker switch over.
1812z 391.000 CLEAN 53, 61 and TABOR 21-26 (2nd cell) CLEAN 61 leaving the flight, TABORs join up on the wings of 53. CLEAN 61 told to contact ZBW on 128.325

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Boeing finally got smart with no more fixed price Mil contracts..
Have a feeling though that they may not totally be out of the running for a new E-4B replacement type.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Boeing finally got smart with no more fixed price Mil contracts..
Have a feeling though that they may not totally be out of the running for a new E-4B replacement type.

I am sure the stockholders made sure of that - when Boeing loses money they lose and that is not acceptable.

Boeing aircraft will be involved but just as part of someone else's contract.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I am sure the stockholders made sure of that - when Boeing loses money they lose and that is not acceptable.

I think also like the Custom AF-1 deal so many govt agencies want their new gear added on board and with pricey increases
in labor and electronics it is bound to go way over.. I imagine almost every Govt/Mil agency like USSS,NSA,Stratcom,USAF and their
vendors will all demand part of the new E-4B type... Good luck to the winner sorting it all out.. :)

OT Just like a classic automobile frame up restoration Sikorsky and Coast Guard are doing to MH-60T choppers.
US Coast Guard receives first MH-60T helicopter airframe

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber

Maybe when a competitor signs a fixed price contract and can't finish it (due to lack of deep pockets to absorb losses),

A couple of different ways this could play out.

Thanks
Joel

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The Carrier USS Ford gets a port break in Crete... Must be rainy season in Crete as wx forecast shows showers all next week.
That ship should have been home for Christmas :(

RCH-151 KC-135 #57-1499 Utah 151 ARW inbound McGuire req follow me,fuel,airstairs to pick up Pax
on CP 237.150. Don't get the Utes out here often.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Maybe when a competitor signs a fixed price contract and can't finish it (due to lack of deep pockets to absorb losses),

A couple of different ways this could play out.

Thanks
Joel
The competitor would have to start with a clean sheet design with four engines. There is only one competitor that does not need a clean sheet design - that being Airbus - but not sure that would pass scrutiny with it not being "made in the USA"

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The competitor would have to start with a clean sheet design with four engines. There is only one competitor that does not need a clean sheet design - that being Airbus - but not sure that would pass scrutiny with it not being "made in the USA"
Lockheed wants the new possible Navy E-6B to be EC-130J type that has has 4 engines.. I can see that possibly but I think USAF will want 4 engine fast high altitude jet to be a new E-4B type like you say... Boeing will get this eventually on their terms even if Pentagon drops 4 engine
mandate. I don't see why a Boeing 777 type which can fly on one engine couldn't be a replacement. :)

Article below says Pax River may get Lockheed E-6B replacement test bed in 2026.
This Is Our First Look At The Navy’s Next 'Doomsday Plane,' The EC-130J TACAMO

RCH-268 C-17 #09-9206 from Charleston inbound Dover for uploads on Dover CP 349.400

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.