Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
0950- ???-11 flt (id as flt of 2) working ZDC Smyrna (354.15)>ZDC Cape Charles (236.825). Advises they are heading for MCAS Beaufort SC. Fleet Week F-35s heading home. Missed callsign. Heard it several times but, couldn't hear it clearly. :confused:
Confirmed after work here Ron as WARLORD-11 flying VFR down to Salisbury then onto Beaufort.
I bet they like those clear blue skies on flights like this. Be sure to add WARLORD F-35B VMFAT-501 to your callsign list.
Interesting history.. Once based at Willow Grove NAS after the war in 1946 with nickname " Fightin Phillies" LOL

Last edited:

frank3si

One of the India IL-78 tankers has launched NW from Illinois KJ3449 FL-240 over Iowa to meet Rafales.
Possible one flight of 4 has postponed but shall see..
Gonna take them a few hours to get out here to Dover.
I see KJ3452 over Sioux City right now heading northwest. I did not track the one you mentioned earlier, Mark... That's the only IL76 that comes up on ADS-B at the moment.

frank3si

I see KJ3452 over Sioux City right now heading northwest. I did not track the one you mentioned earlier, Mark... That's the only IL76 that comes up on ADS-B at the moment.
Now, just before 6pm EDT, KJ3449 is back on ADS-B while 3452 is not. 3449 appears to possibly be landing MidAmerica St. Louis/Scott AFB? I was going to drive down to Dover but not sure what's happening. Normal status for me :LOL:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Now, just before 6pm EDT, KJ3449 is back on ADS-B while 3452 is not. 3449 appears to possibly be landing MidAmerica St. Louis/Scott AFB? I was going to drive down to Dover but not sure what's happening. Normal status for me :LOL:
Yes seems both tankers are recovering at KBLV and both went way up towards Rapid City S Dakota area.
Nothing on radio yet here to Dover except the 3 India C-17's also making their way here.. One already landed.
Assume both GOLD/SILVER flights on there way separated by an hour or so...

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS heads to the beach tomorrow by way of Virginia

5:40 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart the White House en route to McLean, Virginia
6:15 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY participate in a campaign reception
9:15 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart McLean, Virginia en route Fort Lesley J. McNair
9:45 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Fort Lesley J. McNair
9:55 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Fort Lesley J. McNair en route to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
10:50 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
OFF TOPIC (sort of) Not that I needed it, but just got a Quansheng UV-K5(8) CCR from Ali Express for about $21. What I like about it is the firmware can be updated online and really has a lot of options, such as opening up the civilian and milair bands with decent AM reception. Of course I disabled the TX and will be using it as a scanner (fw I am using has two scan banks, but others have more available). It's just a cheap backup, but nice toy to play with.

UVk5-8.jpg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Guess they think the Boss needs lots of time for debate prep. FAA Safety Team Notice issued for a week at Camp David.

VIP Movement Notification - Thurmont, MD
Notice Number: NOTC3679
20-27 JUN, 2024
Thurmont, MD
5/10 NMR – 17,999 MSL

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Never copied "Silver" Rafales landing Dover last night but IL-78 tankers coming to Dover
early this morning. KJ3449 arrived arouind 3am and now KJ3452 is inbound Dover now.
Odd time of day for tanker tankers to station.

I see Gabreski 106th RQW getting a couple refurbished low hour HH-60W Pave Hawk choppers this week..
The older HH-60G choppers will eventually be flown to the Boneyard at DM.

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Last edited: