Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Raleigh,

I wasn't by the radios, so I didn't hear them land. I just saw them on ADS-B and I guess my old eyes let me down (again) o_O

Easy to confuse the two planes as JF002 has the lower reg and hex than JF001

There are still 12 NATO arrivals I can't find, see blanks in the attached PDF in case anyone can help.

Attachments

• NATO SUMMIT AIRCRAFT.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 13

Mark

Premium Subscriber
further on Atlantic City Airshow --- basically no money to fund the show.....

Philly Inquirer article reports that Thunderbirds and Blue Angels no longer available for mid week airshows.
I assumed T-Birds dropping the show was the final nail and the Polaris Ghost Squadron replacement team also bailed.
Ocean City MD airshow also didn't get either of the Big two acts this year but got a few good demos anyway.
USAF says T-Birds could return again someday but would have to be weekend show.

Last edited:

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
RETRO 61 (x2?) off KSTL this morning for EGUL. Dragged by BLUE 11.

343.100 boom
252.525 tac
299.750 Boeing Ops (via @wbagley)
Caught this flight on recordings today.

1313z 252.525 RETRO 61&62 A-A mostly working out a fuel leak issue on 61.
1316z 343.100 BLUE 11 then 12 and RETRO 61 & 62 on boom freq. Final refuel with 11 then transfer and onward with 12.
1319z 322.800 BLUE 11 and 12 coordinating their rendezvous and discussing fuel issue with fighters.

Hope this helps.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

There are still 12 NATO arrivals I can't find, see blanks in the attached PDF in case anyone can help.
Well Finland got ride from Sweden due to aircraft issues....so that eliminates the Finnish aircraft......

Finnish President Alexander Stubb is attending a Nato summit in Washington, DC on Tuesday hosted by US President Joe Biden to commemorate 75 years of the alliance.

Stubb announced on the social media platform X (formerly Twitter) that a plane delay impacted his arrival on Tuesday, but confirmed that he would be in Washington on time for the summit's official start.

On Tuesday, Stubb posted a photo on Facebook with Swedish PM Ulf Kristersson on a plane.

"Sweden can be trusted. After all the travel hassle, I'm getting a ride to Washington from Ulf," Stubb said in his post.

In addition to Stubb, the Finnish delegation to the summit in the US capital includes Foreign Minister Elina Valtonen (NCP) and Defence Minister Antti Häkkänen (NCP).

Checking a bit further it appears some heads of state travel commerical airlines of their countries in either first or business class versus using special aircraft, Norway for example. Others simply do not have aircraft which means commercial /corporate travel is required. I have seen others use private business jets (loaned to the government) or companies based in Malta with high end business jets for executive travel.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Any known information on the NATO Summit flyover aircraft? Saw it was 4X F-22's and 4X F-35's, which bases did they come from, and were they F-35A's?
P-6 said on his video report due to evening T-Storm in area the jets were cancelled and sent back to Langley
and WH events moved indoors.

mdmonitor

Raleigh​

Nice list. Thanks for putting it together. I checked a web site that lists all arrivals into ADW and there was nothing there to fill in your "holes" in your list.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Raleigh​

Nice list. Thanks for putting it together. I checked a web site that lists all arrivals into ADW and there was nothing there to fill in your "holes" in your list.
Got a little help from NATO pool videos, but only tails from Romania (LX-JNE) and Spain (T.22-2), UK plane never showed tail and Sweden (Finland flew with them) the tail is too light to read. (NATO photos not mine)

ROU.JPGSPN.JPGswd.JPGturkey.JPGUK.JPG

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
This morning 0956 local RAPTOR-01 flight of two FL-270 working UHF Centers Northbound.
Langley F-22 Demo team headed for Geneseo NY airshow this weekend.

Couple Cherry Point VMA-231 AV-8B Harriers coming North heard coms on ZDC Cape Charles 293.225.
I thought their Demo days were over in May.
1720724078738.png

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
SPADES A/A on 236.700 headed for Rome NY via STW waypoint..
On ZDC 307.275 "something-1 flight.. "There is Dover on their A/A,might be able to see A/C".

GriffissSpotter

SPADES A/A on 236.700 headed for Rome NY via STW waypoint..
Hell yeah! Looks like I’m doing some planespotting!

mdmonitor

This morning 0956 local RAPTOR-01 flight of two FL-270 working UHF Centers Northbound.
Langley F-22 Demo team headed for Geneseo NY airshow this weekend.

Couple Cherry Point VMA-231 AV-8B Harriers coming North heard coms on ZDC Cape Charles 293.225.
I thought their Demo days were over in May.
View attachment 165614
Mark

Hearing them on ZDC Ship Bottom (307.275)>ZDC Millville (363.0)