Milwaukee County OASIS Digital Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railcon51

You know I've been wondering the same thing I have not heard flight time for a while since analog I hear them on aircraft like you do but I haven't heard a single thing on there talk group I know they're active all the way on wiscom but your guess is as good as mine

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Was wondering if someone could advise if public works departments for the various cities/towns in Milwaukee County will eventually switch over to the OASIS P-25 system or not?

I see several VHF and UHF conventional frequencies also listed for these various agencies/users.

Doing a regular yearly audit of my scanner programming files and would like to update/plan as applicable.

Thanks in advance.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I don't know about future plans, but on the south side of the county, Franklin DPW is still heaving using 453.550 and I have heard Greendale recently on 155.085.

Legoboy3998

With the President coming in next weekend, what TGs replaced the old “county wide” channels that would be used to coordinate the route and closures? I am guessin the MCLAW 1-5 TGs?

Thanks,
Sal

It appears City of Greenfield Police have transitioned over to OASIS, I haven’t heard any traffic on WISCOM and radio IDs are now popping up on OASIS when they are talking

CrabbyMilton

So finally, Greenfield has found a permanent home on OASIS?
They had their own trunked 800 system years ago that was never combined with the old Milwaukee County system. Then they either patched or joined WISCOM. Interesting.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
With the President coming in next weekend, what TGs replaced the old “county wide” channels that would be used to coordinate the route and closures? I am guessin the MCLAW 1-5 TGs?

Thanks,
Sal

A little late, but the G-TAC systemwide channels are for this type of purpose. I know they used those and conventional 800Mhz mutual aid channels for the police officer funeral detail earlier this year.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard anything more on the possibility of MPD patching district dispatch talkgroups from OpenSky to OASIS? It’s been a while since I’ve seen any updates on the MCOEM web site.

TommyAce

It appears City of Greenfield Police have transitioned over to OASIS, I haven’t heard any traffic on WISCOM and radio IDs are now popping up on OASIS when they are talking

Greenfield Police was on Oasis, but over the last few months, I haven't heard any transmissions. Does anyone know where they are now?

wx9kvh

Greenfield Police was on Oasis, but over the last few months, I haven't heard any transmissions. Does anyone know where they are now?

I heard them last week no issues.

I do know that they were one of the departments that were on board with going AES256 encryption, but I’m unsure if they actually made the switch, and not sure that it will be full time or only when needed.

TommyAce

Thank you for the reply. If you heard them last week, I must have made a programming error somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.