Milwaukee, WI - After delays, Fire Department switching to new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO2001

Dumb

Milwaukee city Fire are some dumb people they need this because of the 2013 deadline narrowband thats what they think because DIGITAL it the law. NO the FCC says you can stay on analog well after 2013 your radio must be narrowband our Fire Department was looking into digital but backout since firefighter have DIED in the US from digital radio we are going to use ANALOG RADIO till the world is gone they work fine. Milwaukee Fire Department here's a nice message IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT... Milwaukee just wants to be the new kid on the block. Hay look at use our radio system we are cool and no one can hear us on scanners. Yea I dont think no one cares. Just wait I can see in the years to come a Milwaukee Firefighter is going to be killed and they are just going to say to cover it up well he just didn't know how to use the radio. So don't blame us it ain't our fault or the radios fault.

wyodar

Milwaukee Fireman

If what you say is true about the Milwaukee firemen then you must be one after seeing all the poor grammer and run on sentences you used.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Read the MFD fire thread in the WI forum... they had a 40 minute downtime already..... AND the city of Milwaukee FD and PD are the only two users of this system... the rest of the county is on a type II... so much for interoperability

ASTRO2001

If what you say is true about the Milwaukee firemen then you must be one after seeing all the poor grammer and run on sentences you used.

I dont care about my grammer. I just am mad that is system is out there if you don't know about the open sky system read about it. IT SUCKS it you use it and you walk a foot one way it works then one foot one way it won't

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Do you have something to back up all of your ranting drivel? Just wondering, since there are a lot of people who drone on and on about how horrible these systems are but I don't see anyone with a counterpoint.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Guys, take a look at Astro's posting history, he's really against all things digital, especially in the fire service. I've debated it with him in the past (my FD has been digital for more than a decade), and I won't do it any longer.

PetervonB

Do you have something to back up all of your ranting drivel? Just wondering, since there are a lot of people who drone on and on about how horrible these systems are but I don't see anyone with a counterpoint.

Oh boy. This will lead us down the road again.

Personally, based on stories and studies and actual listening, digital radio isn't ready for the fire service yet (and it still sucks on cellphones) - and we are darn lucky it hasn't killed a bunch of firefighters while the greedy manufacturers foist it on the cities.

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
i have listened to the las vegas metro pd on the rr and opensky has poor audio, and gets into stuttering loops. For some reason it is a messed up mode.

ASTRO2001

Guys, take a look at Astro's posting history, he's really against all things digital, especially in the fire service. I've debated it with him in the past (my FD has been digital for more than a decade), and I won't do it any longer.

Nice I am not against digital a 100%. I am against OPEN SKY I have freinds that use the system and it sucks also if you look at the news in Milwaukee people are upset and they know it does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.