SDS100/SDS200: minor SDS200 firmware update for waterfall audio level

RMason

Premium Subscriber
jdolina said:
If I download manually from the link https://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/SDS100FirmwareUpdate the download is listed as SDS100 V1.03.05 Sub.zip for Jully 11? Should be .06?
Not sure what you are asking. Updates should be performed using Sentinel.

It looks like the file for download is named correctly - 1.03.05 is correct. The README contained in SDS100 V1.03.05 Sub.zip shows that it contains the downgrade from 1.03.06 to 1.03.05.

Last edited:

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it is always 1 update behind to be able to do the downgrade. I like to keep the update files in case of wanting to downgrade if something doesn't seem right.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Still waiting for the ENC detection fix....
OK formatting my original SD card helped with my issue. I decided to replace the original card since it has been in use for Years. Got a new 32GB card and removed the old card. Little did I know that somehow that SDS 200 shipped with a 1 GB card never had a reason to check it as it came with the scanner. Maybe my whole issue all along was the SD card was too small, even though it seemed to have plenty of free space.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I think the HP-1 came with a 4 GB card and other models increased from there.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I think the HP-1 came with a 4 GB card and other models increased from there.
My SDS 200 had an original card of 1GB the other 200 had an 8GB card. These were the 1st shipments of 200's. But, the 1GB has been replaced with a 32GB card. Both suffered from the HUM issue but that also has been fixed.

USASA

YO! Joe Bearcat:

Is it possible to have one of the two data ports on the SDS100 programed so audio can be delivered to ProScan or other programs? The use of the microphone on a laptop is a pain. The microphone picks all kinds of background noise.

Al
U.S.A.S.A.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
@USASA
Use IP ADDRESS for the SDS200 it works so much better as I have 7 BCD536's and 1 SDS200 all running on 1 PROSCAN PC running 16 Copies of PROSCAN with 8 mixed BCD996P2's BCD260DN and BC15x's.
The Audio for the 996p2's 260 and 15x's all are from USB addon Audio Cards and has work well for years.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
YO! Joe Bearcat:

Is it possible to have one of the two data ports on the SDS100 programed so audio can be delivered to ProScan or other programs? The use of the microphone on a laptop is a pain. The microphone picks all kinds of background noise.

Al
U.S.A.S.A.
It's not as simple as a programming or firmware change. It would require a hardware change.
See the link I posted in ProScan: - Official Software Thread
That will solve the problem.

georgebill

Premium Subscriber
I installed this update a couple of days ago and really wish I hadn't. I now have a lot of distortion to my digital channels. This update was supposed to only affect the volume levels when using the waterfall feature. But it definitely messed up my normal scanning performance. Hope its fixed soon.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I installed this update a couple of days ago and really wish I hadn't. I now have a lot of distortion to my digital channels. This update was supposed to only affect the volume levels when using the waterfall feature. But it definitely messed up my normal scanning performance. Hope its fixed soon.
See the info in previous posts about replacing the SUB to 1.03.05. I did this yesterday with my SDS100 with no issues.

ninjabonez

Premium Subscriber
i have a question about the 2024 SDS100 firmware sets.

ninjabonez

Premium Subscriber
If you use Sentinel like you should it will update to the latest firmware.
well that makes sense... cuz i use ProScan. lol

so if i wanted to do the upgrade manually - would i do them one by one ? and just do the ones i want ?
like 03.05 and 23.07 or do i need to do 23.05 first ?

it sounds like i dont want 03.06.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
i have a question about the 2024 SDS100 firmware sets.
The 'most recent' firmware version includes everything from previous versions. Install the latest file, unless, for some reason, you want to revert to a previous firmware version.

Sub 1.03.06 would only be needed if you have the Waterfall upgrade.

The most recent files are all that you need. Main 1.03.07 & Sub 1.03.05 (unless the "-06' sub file is needed for the waterfall.

The change log can be found here.
so if i wanted to do the upgrade manually - would i do them one by one ? and just do the ones i want ?
like 03.05 and 23.07 or do i need to do 23.05 first ?
You can load both the needed main & sub files at the same time. No need to do them separately.

As noted above by eaf1956, Sentinel can install the most current versions/

ninjabonez

Premium Subscriber
The 'most recent' firmware version includes everything from previous versions. Install the latest file, unless, for some reason, you want to revert to a previous firmware version.

Sub 1.03.06 would only be needed if you have the Waterfall upgrade.

The most recent files are all that you need. Main 1.03.07 & Sub 1.03.05 (unless the "-06' sub file is needed for the waterfall.

The change log can be found here.

You can load both the needed main & sub files at the same time. No need to do them separately.

As noted above by eaf1956, Sentinel can install the most current versions/
awesome !
thank you !!!

i do have the Waterfall upgrade.

but it sounds like the 03.06 has problems and some ppl are downgrading back to 03.05
this is why im reluctant to do 03.06

ninjabonez

Premium Subscriber
i always get paranoid doing these updates...
im scared im going to brick my radio, ever since early days of apple.

i had a First-Gen Ipod Touch and one of the early firmware updates got stuck in DFU mode.
took me 3 days to get it out lol. gotta remember, the internet sucked in 2007/2008.

so i still get skurd when i risk "blowing up" my toys. lol

but --- IT WORKED !!
THANK YOU - BOTH!!

1724092956967.png

eaf1956

Feed Provider
awesome !
thank you !!!

i do have the Waterfall upgrade.

but it sounds like the 03.06 has problems and some ppl are downgrading back to 03.05
this is why im reluctant to do 03.06
I have the waterfall and running 1.03.06 without issue. If you do have issues with 06 just revert to 1.03.05