Monroe County, PA P25 Phase 1 system coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyntorX

All this trouble for a system we don’t even need, in my opinion. To be honest, I would have just doubled the number of sites and moved EMS over to UHF. The only border county implementing P25 is Luzerne, everyone else including Warren and Sussex in NJ are staying analog.
This is not true, Warren County, NJ is steadily moving toward P25 Phase 1. Northampton County, PA is looking to expanding the Motorola P25 trunking system they purchased from the City of Bethlehem. Lehigh County, PA is also looking into a P25 Phase II trunking system.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The 8K10F7W is used for Phase II
9K80D7W is the emission for Phase II (H-DQPSK) repeaters
8K10F1W is the emission for Phase II (H-CPM) subscribers

If 9K80D7W or a similar 9K80 emission isn't on the licenses for the repeaters, then the system is not properly licensed for P25 Phase II TDMA.

SyntorX

For those who say this system isn't necessary, I say that it absolutely is. A phase 2 trunking system with the additional sites plan will provide better coverage in areas of the county where coverage is currently poor. Due to the efficiencyof a TDMA trunking system there will be far less equipment in the shelters and on the towers to maintain.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
EDIT: I see that you completely changed your post while I was double checking this info. 🤦‍♂️

I'm familiar with the TB9400 stations, and the emission designator is no different, still 9K80D7W for P25 P2. Straight out of their own recent literature:

1657242039141.png

SyntorX

I changed it because I was incorrect and I was typing something else at the time. Yes you are correct, I imagine this is in the process of getting resolved. No reason to be a dick about it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm simply trying to ensure that the info presented here is accurate. You posted two different emissions in your two posts, and seemed a bit confused about which was which, so I attempted to provide the actual documentation to back up my earlier post. If you feel that's me "being a dick", then I'm not sure what to tell you. Moving on.

SyntorX

The licenses are being updated for Phase II operation. These callsigns have been updated
WPEP947, WREN232, WQEB569, WRKT620, WRKS657, WNXP562, WRKR510 and WRKY585

These remaining callsigns are still in the process I would think.
WRJP313, WRJP479, WRKD558, WRKY830, WRKY831 and WRMA717

Status
Not open for further replies.