Monroe/Ontario County Project 25 Phase II ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I have almost 1100 UID's for this system identified and named (Monroe county only), so I can verify which units are transmitting on the channel.
I had a few hits on 1703 last night and that corresponds to Rochester FD with a UID of 2163083 which I don't have identified yet. I had a hit on 1524 with an ID of 2C-33 which is Brockport FD asst. Chief, and a hit on 7025 with an ID of 7001038.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I have almost 1100 UID's for this system identified and named (Monroe county only), so I can verify which units are transmitting on the channel.
I had a few hits on 1703 last night and that corresponds to Rochester FD with a UID of 2163083 which I don't have identified yet. I had a hit on 1524 with an ID of 2C-33 which is Brockport FD asst. Chief, and a hit on 7025 with an ID of 7001038.
How about 1266?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
How about 1266?
[/QUOTE
The only UID I have for that channel is 1041028 unit 152 but I'm fairly confident that is RGRTA lift line, possibly channel 2. They identify as Trabold and that was previously the location of lift line Trabold Rd in Gates. Ironically ,back in the day I helped install the first trunked radio system RGRTA used, I installed 254 mobile UHF units at the time.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have had hits on 216308x RIDs on 1702. The most extensive activity I have heard on 1702 was discussions about testing in certain downtown buildings and mentioned various RFD command officers. I have not heard anything to identify the purpose of the TG other than it appears to be RFD. So, 1702 and 1703 seem to belong to RFD but for what purpose?
There is Ontario County activity on 7024, 7025 and 7026. 7024 is listed since it appears to be Sheriff or general County Law car to car but the 7025 and 7026 are a mystery. I suspect it could be a special task force operation.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I have had hits on 216308x RIDs on 1702. The most extensive activity I have heard on 1702 was discussions about testing in certain downtown buildings and mentioned various RFD command officers. I have not heard anything to identify the purpose of the TG other than it appears to be RFD. So, 1702 and 1703 seem to belong to RFD but for what purpose?
There is Ontario County activity on 7024, 7025 and 7026. 7024 is listed since it appears to be Sheriff or general County Law car to car but the 7025 and 7026 are a mystery. I suspect it could be a special task force operation.
Been listening to 7025 for couple of night,certainly sounds like some tactical activity,since its 70xx figuring it's Ontario. 7024 is listed as OC car 2 car

k2hz

Database Admin
I have heard activity on 1266 for some time and it appears to be bus garage activity and, specifically, techs testing radios. Generally active in the evening. At first I thought it was checking installs for a new TG but this seems to be ongoing maintenance activity. This is another case of something I did not submit because I could not pin down what the TG purpose is. I had never heard "Trabold" but it makes sense this could be a maintenance or secondary TG for Lift Line.

k2hz

Database Admin
Been listening to 7025 for couple of night,certainly sounds like some tactical activity,since its 70xx figuring it's Ontario. 7024 is listed as OC car 2 car
Based on what I have heard, Ontario County Law "Channel 2" is TG7002 and is the routine car to car channel. I have heard both cars and dispatcher refer to 7002 as Channel 2.

It appears that 7024, 7025 and 7026 could be "TAC 1, 2 & 3" or could be assigned to special units or task forces. This is the question of what to call these TGs. I had tagged these as OCTAC 1, 2, 3 in my radios to keep track of them but it was not something I felt justified in submitting.

With the exception of some of the Monroe County Fire and EMS channels, we have seldom had anyone with official knowledge of TG assignments submitting to the RRDB so we have to depend on detailed analysis of what is heard on a regular basis to make reasonable assumptions sufficient to specifically identify the use.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I have heard activity on 1266 for some time and it appears to be bus garage activity and, specifically, techs testing radios. Generally active in the evening. At first I thought it was checking installs for a new TG but this seems to be ongoing maintenance activity. This is another case of something I did not submit because I could not pin down what the TG purpose is. I had never heard "Trabold" but it makes sense this could be a maintenance or secondary TG for Lift Line.
I think 1266 is part of the RGRTA group. I've yet to get any hits for 7023 or 7024,7025 seems to be fairly consistent.

k2hz

Database Admin
I think 1266 is part of the RGRTA group. I've yet to get any hits for 7023 or 7024,7025 seems to be fairly consistent.
Yes, TG 1266 definitely is part of RGRTA. Lift Line dispatch TG is 1265 and they are operated by RGRTA. Lift Line operates out of Trabold Rd vs the City buses based at E Main St. So the question is which of the RGRTA operations does TG 1266 belong to and what is its purpose?

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Yes, TG 1266 definitely is part of RGRTA. Lift Line dispatch TG is 1265 and they are operated by RGRTA. Lift Line operates out of Trabold Rd vs the City buses based at E Main St. So the question is which of the RGRTA operations does TG 1266 belong to and what is its purpose?
Appears to be maintenance.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
So couple of times,I've heard Irondequiot go to ch 3. Unfortunately ,I keep missing the id.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Greece PD was using Talk Group 2226 today, I need to review the recording to try and figure out more. Spencerport fire Squad-2916 was on TG 1516 yesterday. Beginning to look like everyone gets a secondary channel.

pa2ed

Premium Subscriber
Any idea where Fairport Police hide out? I never hear them, or East Rochester, brighton, Webster. I have a TRX-2.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to find them on Towns North TG 2221 or Sheriff's dispatch TG 2421. I'm not sure of which channel specifically I think Webster and Brighton are Towns North. I'm on the west side and that has Towns west for Gates and Greece PD and Ogden PD operates on the Sheriff's dispatch channel. They also all appear to have secondary channels but those are still being located, Ogden for example was on TG 2225 yesterday.

k2hz

Database Admin
East Rochester and Fairport are dispatched on Sheriff 2421. Brighton, Irondequoit and Webster are dispatched on Towns North 2441.
Brighton seldom, if ever, used the Towns North secondary channel when they were on UHF. They tend to use cell phones for car to car.
For car to car, Webster definitely heard on 2221 along with possibly Irondequoit. Activity heard on 2219 may be Irondequoit.
All departments may use the TAC TGs, 2424 Countywide, 2425 East and 2426 West.

pa2ed

Premium Subscriber
Using the ezScan Control Demo, I receive Towns North and west. NOTHING from Towns East. I rechecked all my TG group entries, everything looks ok. I live in Fairport so location isnt the issue. Help?

k2hz

Database Admin
There is no "Towns East". Fairport and East Rochester are dispatched on TG 2421 by the Sheriff's East Dispatcher.
East Rochester car #s are 900-914 and Fairport 915-939. Since each department has only about 10 officers and only one or two cars on the road at a time with very few calls there is not much to hear from those departments.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
There was a Towns East in a legacy system but not in the TRS. There is a East Admin and Tac but those are not dispatch groups.
What scanner do you have? There is always the option of search TG ID's, but as stated above TG 2421 should be correct.

k2hz

Database Admin
I incorrectly said "Sheriff's East" Dispatcher. The Sheriff's Dispatcher TG 2421 is Countywide and dispatches all agencies other than those on Towns North or West or RPD. So, TG 2421 is what to monitor for all departments other than RPD, Brighton, Gates, Greece, Irondequoit and Webster. NYSP units are on the dispatch TG for the area they are patrolling.

There are separate East and West TAC and Admin TGs for the agencies dispatched on TG 2421.

The TRS TGs correspond and are patched to all the existing UHF P25 conventional channel plan that has been in use for many years. The original UHF analog MRD system had different Town department channel assignments than the present "North" and "West" groups that were established when the system changed to P25 conventional.

It appears that new TRS TGs may be available to individual departments for informal car to car use as has been discussed above.

Last edited:

k2hz

Database Admin
Just heard "East Rochester 917" dispatched on TG 2421. Apparently the number range for E Rochester has expanded from what it used to be. Fairport numbers may start at 920 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.