MontCo upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
My Pro -668 does the same thing. I wont be able to adjust the settings until the system goes live on tuesday. That will determing which antenna I use. ( 800 mhz RS rubber ducky, 700/800 motorola stubby , a paperclip, or nothing at all, as i have a new site 1/8 mile away )
You may be lucky that the closest site overwhelms the others, although the new system has *a lot* of potential signal paths. I am lucky that the 700 MHz Phase 2 system that I monitor has a simulcast site about 3,000' away, and I am able to get multipath-free reception with a 536 and a shortened telescopic antenna. However it is designed for portable on street on hip talk-in, thus it uses far fewer sites than the one in MC.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I have a g5 and OP25 on a pi so I’m not to overly concerned , the pro-668 is a POS anyway on phase 2, but I have it , might as well mess with it.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
This could be helpful oh, it isn't to me in Bucks County on Phase 2 but can't hurt trying.PSX_20201001_194632.jpg

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Not looking good so far - all I've gotten are a few sporadic garbled transmissions. Even worse than i get with Philly. We'll see how it goes when they start switching over tomorrow.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
My BCD436HP seemed to do well the other day when UM was doing in building testing. I’ll wait and see when the system goes live how it really performs. I have an old PRO-106 hooked up to an old netbook for running system decoding using Pro96Com. When decoding the state system, I have a VHF mag mount attached. To decode Montco's east system, I need to downgrade to a stock handheld antenna and then turn the squelch way down to get a decode rate that bounces between 50-100%.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
So far , my OP25 on a rapi 3b+ has been kicking ass. We shall find out tomorrow. I’m also picking up my unication G5 tomorrow morning , wich should be no issue as long as the system is right.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
so as of this morning, west zone PD ( assuming PD ) 2205,2101,2107,3003,2105 are confirmed encrypted.

I made a bunch of wiki updates this morning. Seems they reorganized the PD zones. Lower Merion is now 12. What should be PD 10 appears to have Upper Dublin and other PD 11 units. Are you seeing Pottstown PD RIDs anywhere? Need time to take a closer look.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I made a bunch of wiki updates this morning. Seems they reorganized the PD zones. Lower Merion is now 12. What should be PD 10 appears to have Upper Dublin and other PD 11 units. Are you seeing Pottstown PD RIDs anywhere? Need time to take a closer look.

Attachments

• Police zone map.pdf
    717.5 KB · Views: 54

kh11

Premium Subscriber
So far no joy on my PSR800. Wildcard just gets fragments of transmissions and blips of "busy signal" for encryption. I may be out of luck. Cavmedic, I have a Pi 4 and SDR dongle. I may need to pick your brain on how to set up OP25 for Montco.

Septa3371CSX1

Been monitoring on my XTS and Unication this morning for the old and new Montco systems. So far nothing other than keyups on the Unication and the XTS is largely silent on the police zones except for a few random units who were told by county to switch over to the new system.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring on my XTS and Unication this morning for the old and new Montco systems. So far nothing other than keyups on the Unication and the XTS is largely silent on the police zones except for a few random units who were told by county to switch over to the new system.
Yup, confirmed on my 536HPs and SDS100. The days of LE transparency in Montco have sadly come to an end. Fire & EMS should make the switch over in the afternoon...

kh11

Premium Subscriber
I'm still hearing rumblings that everything is going encrypted with the exception of Fire Dispatch. Can anyone confirm? (I guess we'll know soon enough.)

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I'm still hearing rumblings that everything is going encrypted with the exception of Fire Dispatch. Can anyone confirm? (I guess we'll know soon enough.)
I'm hoping that the clear audio testing I've heard so far (at least on certain event channels) would argue otherwise but we'll have to wait and see...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So far no joy on my PSR800. Wildcard just gets fragments of transmissions and blips of "busy signal" for encryption. I may be out of luck. Cavmedic, I have a Pi 4 and SDR dongle. I may need to pick your brain on how to set up OP25 for Montco.
Unsurprising. My PSR800 performs poorly on P25 simulcast systems, particularly when using Phase 2. I retain it as a backup for the local SmartZone system, which is still in use for a few more years.

OP25 works really well on P25 Phase 2, however the RPi is a little clunky to operate interactively (if that is how you roll.) I tend to set my radios up and never touch them again, so it works for me. TBH, I've moved to SDR Trunk on a Windows PC so I can run Unitrunker 2 and SDR Trunk concurrently on the same machine. SDR Trunk has a useful interface vs. OP25.

Status
Not open for further replies.