• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola XPR 7550 vs Hytera PD782

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

I think the only real thing that drives me crazy about Hytera's portables are that most of them feature the antenna centered on the radio (it's just weird and against 60+ years of communications standards).
Yeah, it took 3 minutes to get over the antenna in the center of the radio. I'm not using the factory "stubby" antenna. Rather, a Hytera 6" UHF non GPS antenna that's used on other radios they sell. But I have the Harris HDP150, & the Hytera PD782, & I prefer the taller knobs on the Harris.
http://www.hytera.us/Download/Private/Image/Items/AN0465W01.png

Last edited:

RayAir

AES requires a feature control update license and runs about $270 per radio. Chose the DMRA Full Encrypt version, not Hytera Full Encrypt (unless you happen to want it). DMRA is compatible with MotoTRBO AES.
PM me if you don't have a dealer to go through.

Hytera antenna- The look of the antenna in the middle was the only hang up I had on trying their radios. They claim it is for increased reception.

n1das

Hytera antenna- The look of the antenna in the middle was the only hang up I had on trying their radios. They claim it is for increased reception.

The location seemed a little weird at first but I found I quickly forget it's in the middle instead of being off to one side. It actually makes sense because the volume and channel knobs are moved to the corners for easier access.

I think the mods should create a Hytera forum so we can discuss all things Hytera like all things Motorola discussed here.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im about to start "scanning" some DMR near me and i have many different options of radios to chose from. It looks like the number 1 question was answered in the first post as to which radios scans connect plus systems best and thats they Hytera PD782 with the pseudo trunk option. BUT does that also relate to all Hytera radios? PD362 and PD682 and X1p? I ask because the others look to be cheaper.
Further more do other radios have a similar capability to scan connect plus systems?
CS750 and TYT Tytera MD-380 and MD-390 are also radios ive read online and have been mentioned but not sure if they will scan like i want them to.
Ive also read that its easy to program in the frequency as single channel and use the color code and slot to scan the talk groups. So instead of proper trunking your still scanning the channels more like a conventional system. Or am i way off on that? Anybody have experience with the Vertex EVX-534 while were on the subject?

IMPRES2

You program custom tones in User Defined Tone under Common in the CPS.

I recorded and analyzed a NEXTEL chirp some time ago and was able to determine tone and duration. For NEXTEL phones, the tone was around 1800Hz. The Motorola TPT is around 910 or 920Hz. The tone durations appear to be the same. The Moto TPT at 910Hz is effective as a TPT but less obnoxious than the old NEXTEL DirectConnect chirp.

30ms 910Hz
20ms 0Hz (silence)
30ms 910Hz
20ms 0Hz
50ms 910Hz

Note that the 3rd tone is slightly longer than the first 2 tones.

Has anyone found a way to get the XPR 7550 radios to do this?

TonyS

I'm wondering if the receive performance has gotten better with recent firmware upgrades for the Hytera PD782. Anyone notice any improvement or change? I'm debating between the XPR7550 and the PD782 but the Mot CPS and the wideband key is definitely a factor in the equation.

N4KVE

My 782 has recent FW, & the Rx sens is as good as a XPR6550. But the XPR7550 has better Rx sens than any UHF radio I have ever seen.

TonyS

My 782 has recent FW, & the Rx sens is as good as a XPR6550. But the XPR7550 has better Rx sens than any UHF radio I have ever seen.

I figured that might still be the case but ya never know. Thank you.

N4KVE

If the owner's eyesight isn't as good as it used to be, the display font on the 7550 is much bolder than on the Hytera. But I own both, & keep the Hytera because of the FPP function.

Status
Not open for further replies.