MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
In other words, no way to filter using SDRtrunk, unitrunker, etc?

A work around for fire would be to monitor the alerting/paging talkgroups. Once you hear a run you want to hear more of, you would just need to make sure to put the dispatch channel back on.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
I know there are many ways to discover new sites, talkgroups, etc. on a radio system like MPSCS, with some being better than others. With that said, I was curious if anybody wanted a good data source to dive into? I know the right mind could get good information out of this much data. I know that we seem to already be ahead of the game with MPSCS Consumers Talkgroups, but there are tons of miscellaneous and encrypted talkgroups yet to be identified. With that said, heres what I got...

I have two separate computers running 24/7 with auto recovery to start back up after power loss and resume scanning in under 60 seconds. It is a two computer setup because SDRTrunk runs so much better on linux, but Windows 10 has all of the other desired software.
  • Linux Machine
    • SDRTrunk
      • Tuners
      • Monitored System
        • Muskegon County Simulcast
          • All 15 Trunked Channels are Covered by a tuner at all times. Less than 1 missed call per day.
          • All clear calls are uploaded to broadcastify, even unknowns (TGs 1 - 65535).
          • Uploaded to Broadcastify Node #999 via SDRTrunk
        • Occasional Ottawa County Simulcast
    • Syncthing is used to sync the output calls and logs to my Windows 10 machine where it is then further processed and uploaded.
  • Windows 10 Machine
    • Unitrunker V2.1
      • Monitors Muskegon County Simulcast and Ottawa County Simulcast 24/7. Control Channel logging Only!
    • Trunking Recorder
      • Ingests calls directly from SDRTrunk only. Then sorts them into their folders where it is instantly available to stream via private web server / webpage.
      • Near realtime notifications are emailed to me when desired talkgroups are heard.
      • Speech to Text via Microsoft Azure AI provides near realtime transcriptions of ingested audio that can be sent in the email notification allowing you to read what was said (depends on audio quality).

This post is getting too long. Here's the data I have.

• ALL Calls from Muskegon County Simulcast from its first day online (Mid July 2021).... The archive is a little over 50GB, but ill give what you need in smaller parts).
  • Control Channel History via Unitrunker dating back to July 16th 2022 for Muskegon County Simulcast, and Ottawa County Simulcast.
Call me a data Hoarder because I am. Let me know if there's anything interesting you think of. Otherwise a purge may be coming up soon...

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
22624 DTE Newport talkgroup. Not every time, but it often seems to be coming up the same time as the DTE Milan repeater on 153.2450

JJ48170

Premium Subscriber
I know there are many ways to discover new sites, talkgroups, etc. on a radio system like MPSCS, with some being better than others. With that said, I was curious if anybody wanted a good data source to dive into? I know the right mind could get good information out of this much data. I know that we seem to already be ahead of the game with MPSCS Consumers Talkgroups, but there are tons of miscellaneous and encrypted talkgroups yet to be identified. With that said, heres what I got...

I have two separate computers running 24/7 with auto recovery to start back up after power loss and resume scanning in under 60 seconds. It is a two computer setup because SDRTrunk runs so much better on linux, but Windows 10 has all of the other desired software.
  • Linux Machine
    • SDRTrunk
      • Tuners
      • Monitored System
        • Muskegon County Simulcast
          • All 15 Trunked Channels are Covered by a tuner at all times. Less than 1 missed call per day.
          • All clear calls are uploaded to broadcastify, even unknowns (TGs 1 - 65535).
          • Uploaded to Broadcastify Node #999 via SDRTrunk
        • Occasional Ottawa County Simulcast
    • Syncthing is used to sync the output calls and logs to my Windows 10 machine where it is then further processed and uploaded.
  • Windows 10 Machine
    • Unitrunker V2.1
      • Monitors Muskegon County Simulcast and Ottawa County Simulcast 24/7. Control Channel logging Only!
    • Trunking Recorder
      • Ingests calls directly from SDRTrunk only. Then sorts them into their folders where it is instantly available to stream via private web server / webpage.
      • Near realtime notifications are emailed to me when desired talkgroups are heard.
      • Speech to Text via Microsoft Azure AI provides near realtime transcriptions of ingested audio that can be sent in the email notification allowing you to read what was said (depends on audio quality).

This post is getting too long. Here's the data I have.

• ALL Calls from Muskegon County Simulcast from its first day online (Mid July 2021).... The archive is a little over 50GB, but ill give what you need in smaller parts).
  • Control Channel History via Unitrunker dating back to July 16th 2022 for Muskegon County Simulcast, and Ottawa County Simulcast.
Call me a data Hoarder because I am. Let me know if there's anything interesting you think of. Otherwise a purge may be coming up soon...

this is awesome - kind of working on building something similar, except right now i'm not uploading anything to broadcastify - mainly because i'm still tweaking my setup, and someone already covers my area on there.

I should add that both sites i'm trying to monitor are simulcast - monroe county, and washtenaw county. I'm within earshot of both.

right now i'm running sdrtrunk and trunking recorder in win11 inside a VM, which runs on proxmox host. 4x RTL-SDR and hoping to add my rsp1 clone into the mix (also 10mhz). intel i7 with 8GB DDR4 and a 256gb SSD. I'm still ironing out issues with missed calls and wildly varying signal levels/dropped packets/crc errors. one minute I have a great signal, after a while I start losing data and eventually things barely decode.

after reading your post, i'm thinking my next step is to run sdrtrunk under linux natively.

dmchalmers

came up with Tg 24001 richfield twp ems Roscommon Co I asume on West Branch tower last pm. may be in DB but not sure

dmchalmers

Also been searching Mio tower this afternoon an early evening gotten multiple hits on encrypted TG 22804

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
TG-213 Listed as Ingham Radio testing.. Multiple Calls with no answer. "Radio Service to HEMS Dispatch" "HEMS Beaumont Livonia" I've heard this a few times over the last couple months, never hear someone answer. Not sure what the channel really is?

Detroit DDOT. The listed Dispatch channel is 8008. Has anyone heard any traffic there recently? Most traffic I can find is on 8519 listed as DDOT2. Wondering if this should be updated in the database?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
These are already are in the database including previous posts for 22803, 11668 and 22216. :)
All you have to do is go to the MPSCS page, then once loaded, press the Ctrl and F keys. Type in the talkgroup and it will find it if its in there already.

came up with Tg 24001 richfield twp ems Roscommon Co I assume on West Branch tower last pm. may be in DB but not sure
Also been searching Mio tower this afternoon an early evening gotten multiple hits on encrypted TG 22804

Last edited:

dmchalmers

These are already are in the database including previous posts for 22803, 11668 and 22216. :)
All you have to do is go to the MPSCS page, then once loaded, press the Ctrl and F keys. Type in the talkgroup and it will find it if its in there already.
Never knew you could check this way very sorry. Might be helpful for new users to know this.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Never knew you could check this way very sorry. Might be helpful for new users to know this.
That is a function of your browser, not the site. It is also the reason I call up the MPSCS page as a regulat web page, instead of mobile.

We all learn about stuff bit by bit.

dmchalmers

That is a function of your browser, not the site. It is also the reason I call up the MPSCS page as a regulat web page, instead of mobile.

We all learn about stuff bit by bit.
How can it be my Browser when no body has a clue you can look up TG's?

dmchalmers

I don't want to sound like i'm complaining "but" how are new users suppose to learn this? Everyone from top down says you need to learn this an treats you like stupid but theres NO Source to learn it ? Hence the dumb questions that anoy Premium members.

JJ48170

Premium Subscriber
I don't want to sound like i'm complaining "but" how are new users suppose to learn this? Everyone from top down says you need to learn this an treats you like stupid but theres NO Source to learn it ? Hence the dumb questions that anoy Premium members.
Every web browser allows you to search any webpage by default. It is not a function of the website and thus being a new user on the website has no bearing whatsoever. Pretty sure that was the point.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
How can it be my Browser when no body has a clue you can look up TG's?
Every web browser allows you to search any webpage by default. It is not a function of the website and thus being a new user on the website has no bearing whatsoever. Pretty sure that was the point.

dmchalmers: As JJ pointed out, the browser has a search/find feature built in. This makes looking for data on a large and/or crowded page much easier. If you load up the desktop version of the MPSCS page, from the database, all of the freqs for each site, and all the TGs, are displayed. That is a lot of data, so using the "find in page" feature is very useful for locating whatever you are wanting on the page. (This can be done on any page with text, from any site.)

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber
3284 - Leonidas site. Encrypted. Calhoun County RIDs, some of which I had previously labeled as Battle Creek PD.

13965 - Encrypted. It’s labeled 14LAW1, but in several months of control channel data, I have seen no RIDs use both 14LAW1 and 14P911. The RIDs logged on 13965 only show up on 13966 (14LAW2); I haven’t seen them on any other TGs. I’m not sure if this means it’s something other than a law tac? Just an observation.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
13965 - Encrypted. It’s labeled 14LAW1, but in several months of control channel data, I have seen no RIDs use both 14LAW1 and 14P911. The RIDs logged on 13965 only show up on 13966 (14LAW2); I haven’t seen them on any other TGs. I’m not sure if this means it’s something other than a law tac? Just an observation.

Can't remember which one it is, but I often see one of those LAW TG's on the Washtenaw site. I just assumed it may be a roaming channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.