Msp Semi Marked Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Coming to a freeway on ramp near you. Phase 1 only 5 were ordered. Apparently only 10will go into service.

21nhyc9.jpg

21ni44k.jpg

Bentley

Nice ride!!! I think they should have / could have left the moulding on the front door(s). Just cut out the small section where the MSP logo ends up and continue the moulding where the logo ends. OR....remove the rear door moulding.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I like the dome please dont get me wrong and I understand why they use it. However, MSP really needs to upgrade their lighting profile due to safety reasons. I think the Tahoe looks GREAT!!! The regular tahoe's are fully marked, but these low profile ones look sweet!!

Thanks for the pictures!

DBennett

Grey crown vic PI

Noticed a grey slicked top PI in the parking lot of Station 71 (Traverse City). Curious are the grey cars used for something special or just regular patrol? Will be trying to take some pics and post them.

bigbluemsp

DBennett said:
Noticed a grey slicked top PI in the parking lot of Station 71 (Traverse City). Curious are the grey cars used for something special or just regular patrol? Will be trying to take some pics and post them.

They are semi-marked cars used more so for traffic enforcement. They are only marked on the passanger side of the car with the name of the department and the word police which is the mininum requirement for traffic cars in the State of Michigan.

I have about 10 pics of the cars in Titaninum, Dark Blue, Wedgewood Blue, Truador Red, Black, Spruce Green, Tan, Arizona Beige, and others.

gg750

DBennett said:

TCPD has several unmarked grey CVPIs for traffic enforcement (watch out for the county, they use black Chargers), and they hang out at the the MSP post often, so it was probably one of their cars...I could be wrong though. I've only known the MSP in TC to have one slicktop, but it was still the MSP blue and had their markings.

As for the original post...am I missing a setting that allows the pics to be shown? I don't see anything.

G

bigbluemsp

MSP only has 5 Chargers and all of them are MSP Blue and afully marked slick tops.

BUT all 5 of them have seen limited road time because of some mechanical issues the Chrysler can't seem to get figured out. TYPICAL CHRYSLER

gg750

bigbluemsp said:
MSP only has 5 Chargers and all of them are MSP Blue and afully marked slick tops.

Sorry, I was refering to the county sheriff's department as the Charger users. MSP up here is all CVPI.

G

DBennett

I've seen 3 chargers for GTSO 2 slick tops, one black (or a very dark brown) and one white and a white charger with a LED lightbar. MSP seems to have two CVPI slick tops one blue the other grey at post 71. I have seen TCPD CVPI grey slick top and by far that is one of my favorite here in Mich. Also what about Leelanau SO black and white CVPI, pretty slick I think. Coming from Los Angeles i'm partially bias to the black and whites though.

netfire

DBennett said:
I've seen 3 chargers for GTSO 2 slick tops, one black (or a very dark brown) and one white and a white charger with a LED lightbar. MSP seems to have two CVPI slick tops one blue the other grey at post 71. I have seen TCPD CVPI grey slick top and by far that is one of my favorite here in Mich. Also what about Leelanau SO black and white CVPI, pretty slick I think. Coming from Los Angeles i'm partially bias to the black and whites though.

If you ever get some photos of these cars, please post them.

gg750

I work in Leelanau County and drive by the sheriff's department every day, so I'm working on getting a picture of their new black and white, but it never seems to be around. I do have a couple pics of local MSP, TCPD (grey traffic car and a regular patrol car), and I'm working on the county...they have something from every maker (Chargers, CVPIs, Impalas, Expeditions, Ect...). Once I get the whole collection together (if ever), I'll post.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.