N9JIG AZ Shack Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
How do you get any work done with all those toys everywhere??? ;)

That's a great setup. Can't wait to set up my new home office when I'm settled in down in Tucson later this month. It won't be anywhere near as awesome as this one is, but when I'm done I'll put up some pics.

-AZ

bharvey2

Very nice setup. Sigh, I'm relegated to the garage. BTW, what radio do you use to communicate with your wife when she's in the living room and you're in your "command center"?

firetaz834

I have to say that what you have done is over the top. Very nice and the install is very professional. I think you have outdone yourself and look forward to reading more as you post it.

N9JIG

Sheriff
How do you get any work done with all those toys everywhere???

That;s the neat thing about my job, I get paid to play with and talk about scanners all day!

Very nice setup. Sigh, I'm relegated to the garage. BTW, what radio do you use to communicate with your wife when she's in the living room and you're in your "command center"?

If I were in the garage I would melt this time of year. I was thinking about getting a swamp cooler but my electric bills are high enough...

As for the wife, I use a flashlight to get her attention then we just use sign language. Being deaf she has no problems with my radios!

Rob1956

Feed Provider
I always hate to hear the word "retired" because so many guys do that and are dead within 3 years. However, you're still working, hence the Meridian phone. Just remember to get outside and walk, bike, whatever. Deep vein thrombosis is a b**ch!

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
That;s the neat thing about my job, I get paid to play with and talk about scanners all day!

Sure, rub it in some more why don't ya? ;)

Today's the day - my last day of actual commuting. The telecommute begins on Monday! So while I don't get paid to play with scanners like you do, I will be getting paid while I play with scanners, so it's the next best thing. :D Really looking forward to this - I've been trying to find a fulltime telecommuting position for years and finally scored one.

-AZ

PACNWDude

Very nice. Looks great with the rack mounted radios and black console style. Good job and thank you for posting.

Always gives me ideas for when I get time to organize my mess.

radchuck03

Premium Subscriber
This is an amazing setup of public service scanners!! An absolute masterpiece!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

radchuck03

Premium Subscriber
Holly molely! When you get the fever to buy these things, it just doesn't end! I have virtually all the portable ones on the top. But with my son in law in the police academy I gave him a couple of the these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N9JIG

Sheriff
Wow awesome,i wish i had that many scanners and the time to build a unit like that,great job

Surprisingly it really didn't take a lot of time to create. Once I decided on the layout and found the supplier I ordered the stuff. When it came it I unboxed it, started mounting radios in the brackets and put the cabinets together. This took about an hour or 2.

I then created the wiring harnesses in the workshop. Then I mounted the multicouplers and power strips in the cabinets, put in the various racked radios and wired them up.

Each cabinet has a couple antenna cables going in as well as a single AC power cord. This makes it easy to move or work on.

When I moved across the country I removed the radio racks and wiring harnesses, disassembled the cabinets and boxed them all up. After arriving at the new house I reassembled and placed them in a couple hours.

All the scanners have front panel programming ports, that made it simple to program. I did run a programming cable for the Pro197 thru the rack since it would be used all the time, this keeps the visible wires down. I would do the same for any if the other radios that might be controlled or used as data collection items in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.