NCSHP LODD from this AMs pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
WRAL Link

ODMP Link

Trooper Bobby Demuth was struck and killed by a vehicle on U.S. 64, in Nash County, while attempting to deploy spike strips during a pursuit at approximately 7:45 am.

The pursuit started when officers from the Raleigh Police Department attempted to stop the vehicle. The driver, who was wanted on multiple charges, including two counts of kidnapping, immediately fled at a high speed. Trooper Demuth was struck by the subject's vehicle as he attempted to deploy the spike strips. The man continued to flee but was taken into custody a short distance away.

Trooper Demuth had served with the North Carolina Highway Patrol for 12 years and was assigned to the Rocky Mount, Troop C District 1 Highway Patrol Office.

Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Colonel Michael Gilchrist
North Carolina Highway Patrol
512 N Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27699

Thank you for your service Trooper Demuth and may peace be with your family and friends.
EOW 10-42 9-8-2012

Demuth-400x300.jpg

ym7ub.jpg

reconrider8

did anyone catch the audio of the funeral today? i heard a part about an intersection wasnt shut down yet and they said just wait until they are inroute to the church then shut it down

reconrider8

i just wanted to see if anyone caught and recorded his last call i know its weird but i love hearing them for some reason ive always liked hearing like the firefighters and cops and all

NCFire11

I agree, it got me today. I meant to set up to record C1 traffic today, but forgot.

"Attention all cars, C-Charles 145 is now 10-42."

The riderless horse and the final 10-42 gets me everytime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.